Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Loop Loc vs the competition

1. Back To Top    #1

Loop Loc vs the competition

I'm looking for a repacement cover for my 20x40 rectangular in ground pool. The current cover is at least 10 years old and shredded last winter. Looking on Amazon, I see similar covers for around $600, ot Loop Loc for more than double that. Is Loop Loc that much better? Also, my old cover was a heavy vinyl with stap reinforcement which seemed to be waterproof. The ones I see on line now say they keep leaves out but allow rain water to seep through. Is that the way to go?

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    'burbs of Augusta, Georgia

Re: Loop Loc vs the competition

From my limited observation, the LoopLoc have a much nicer matte appearance than others I've seen. That's just my opinion, of course. But if I had to look at a closed pool for months on end, I'd sort of want it to be as attractive as possible.

I can't comment on your other questions. Sorry! Hopefully someone else will jump in soon.
    12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub. Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain
    CLICK HERE to Become a Supporter

3. Back To Top    #3

There are very few makers who provide a cover of a quality equal to LoopLoc. The material is heavier and the straps are closer spaced than most of the cheaper covers. There are others who make quality covers, but not very many.
    Tucson, AZ
    19k gallon Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS (3 hp) 011018, Super II 2hp (for spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE filter, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4
    Long Island, NY

I've had a LoopLoc for 10 years and it was on the pool full time for 8 of those years. It looks like new
    IG Tear Drop, Dark Gray Gunite , 27,000 gallons -Age 50+-years, very old Hayward Split Egg Sand Filter with side mount Multi-port- Hayward SP2600VSP Pump- Hayward chlorine feed (not used since finding TFP) - Laars 315K BTU Oil heater- LoopLoc Safety cover- AquaBot RAPIDS 4WD- TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir