Fix Broken PVC pipe for spa fountain

Aug 18, 2015
Sarasota/FL
We have a pool, yeah! We have never had a pool before, HELP!
our darling kiddos have broken the pipe for the spa fountain again! our question is can we cap the opening so that we do not have this problem again? can we do that? will it effect the circulation of the pool? also none of the pool equipment is labeled. I did not watch when the repair man fix it last time. I know that he drained it and fixed it rather quickly. we are trying to avoid this expense if we can.
image.jpgimage.jpgAny help is greatly appreciated!

I guess that your pipe on the deck is a stand pipe? I would assume that it is valves separately from your equipment, and if so, then capping it would not be an issue unless your kids turn it on. Unless you have sharp broken pvc pipe in the hole, I would leave it alone. As for repair, it looks as if it was a male fitting that broke off. I'm sure you can drain the spa and remove the broken off pipe with a pliers, screwdriver, sharp knife, and some careful Yankee ingenuity as to not damage the pipe threads.

Why not just leave it like it is? If it's not causing you any issues that is. If it has it's own valve, and its one with a removable handle, just remove the handle and leave it be. As you stand in front of the pool equipment, the piping in front of the pump is everything coming front he pool/spa. On the right hand side by the filter is everything going back to the pool and spa. The pipe to the left of the automated valve is for the spa returns when you put the equipment into "spa" mode. The other three return pipes are for spa spillover, spa center fountain, and then pool returns. The two with the handles and the check valves are for your spa. The other one is for your pool. So by process of elimination you should be able to determine which one is for the spa fountain. Just keep that one closed all the time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.