Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pentair pushpull backwash valve stuck

1. Back To Top    #1

pentair pushpull backwash valve stuck

Hello everyone I am trying to replace either the o-rings or the whole push pull assembly...however I can't get the assembly out of the pvc valve. I have removed the screws on top of the assembly and the screws attaching it to the pvc valve..I don't know how much force to apply to pull assembly out. I would appreciate any ideas on how to get this thing out...I'm assuming it is something to do with the large o-rings being old. The pushpull backwash valve is old Pentair attached to Triton sand filter. Pool built in 1987, it is an inground plaster pool.
    I have inground pool built in 1987. Triton sand pump. Pentair pushpull backwash valve (old style) 273241. 3/4 hp pump.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: pentair pushpull backwash valve stuck

Welcome to TFP!!!

Sorry you have not gotten any responses, and I am no help. Bumping it up.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

no problem, I had my pool person get it out with brute force, it broke, however most of the assembly was out and it was no problem getting last piece out..But it solved the problem of whether to replace o-ring or entire assembly. thanks
    I have inground pool built in 1987. Triton sand pump. Pentair pushpull backwash valve (old style) 273241. 3/4 hp pump.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Sometimes, that's how you get it out. Its amazing how stuck those pistons can get. An fyi, every 3 months, or whenever the piston starts to get stuck, remove it and lube it.