LifeTime Supporter
Jun 4, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I'm looking for a new cleaner (posted another thread the other day). First of all.... I've continued to research since I made my other thread and I see how many of these "Which cleaner for me?" threads come up. Sorry... I'm a member on another forum for another hobby and I definitely realize how monotonous these newb threads can be. (I even tried to delete the other thread and apparently can't).

Next... while searching I've come across the new? Aquabot x4 4WD robot. Aquabot Pool Cleaner | Aquabots X4

Thing is, this machine seems to be very elusive in terms of availability and information. I like the looks of the machine because of the 4wd ability, top loading baskets (oversized at that), included caddy, programability, and 3 year warranty. The problem is that the only place that has rights to sell them is poolexpress. I can order it from them or via their ebay site. I called and talked to a salesperson from PE yesterday and quite frankly, he was annoying. He pretty much told me nothing after 3 requests for specific information on the x4. I gave up because I was tired of inquiring and having him not listen. After 2 phone calls to aquabot (one went unanswered, the other got me sent to someone's vmail)... I'm no closer to getting information than when I started.

The amazing thing is that there is no information available on this thing. It seems like a great machine at a decent price, but no one has it! Is this just a new machine that is coming out or is there something strange about it? It's not even listed on aquabot's website. The only site I can find is the one listed, and when you try to get a dealer they just direct you to poolexpress.

Any help here? Thanks for reading....

Attachments

• aquabotx4.jpg
    aquabotx4.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 128
I think it was just introduced a couple of months back so chances are most dealers don't have much information to go on yet. Something odd seems to be up with Aquabot, not listing some models on their main page, but having a separate site for them. Maybe they are going the dual marketing route that Dolphin uses with internet sales models and dealer sales models.

So here's the deal.... there really isn't much out about this cleaner. I don't know why, and the salespeople aren't giving up a whole lot of information. This could be because they are inept or they just aren't familiar. I got a hold of Aquabot and the first person said she could help me, until I said I needed help with the X4. Then she said the person that could help me was out and that I should call back in 20 minutes. I forgot to call, but someone from the company called me back in response to the first message I left.

This rep didn't go full throttle and explain the machine. He did say it was a fine machine for my needs and that it was a dealer exclusive from Poolexpress. He flat out said that it is the same machine as the breeze and/or the rapids 4wd cleaners. He linked me to the Breeze on their website. He also said that if the cleaner needed to be serviced that I would call them directly and Aquabot would be doing the repairs. He acknowledged that the cleaner had a 3 year warranty and that it would be honored if bought online from poolexpress.

So... I am now the proud owner of an Aquabot X4. I was able to get the unit shipped to my door for $799. I made my decision because the Aquabot 4wd units seem to get good reviews on here. The one that I purchased includes a caddy and an upgraded 3 year warranty instead of 2 (the first year is all inclusive). I liked the 4wd capability, forward and back motion of the unit, new swivel cord, 60' length of the cord, the cost of the unit for the features, and the ease of cleaning the filter baskets (I really liked this feature and I'm hoping that it pans out well).

I don't know if this will be a good purchase and the fact that I am gambling a little with $800 makes me uneasy. However, it seems all of these units are prone to issues....so I don't think I'd be especially "at ease" regardless of my choice.

I'd like to do a review since there isn't any information here.... should I just do it on this thread, or create a new one? I feel weird about creating yet a third thread surrounding my robot purchase.

Attachments

• 20150820_125427[1].jpg
    20150820_125427[1].jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 111
I have one of these. Its actually sold through dealers as a Rapids 4wd and on the internet as a Breeze 4wd. I do my research! What stuck me as odd was that when this unit appeared last year, the cleaner already had #1 Cleaner awards. Fool you marketing at its finest. Don't get me wrong, the unit itself works pretty well, I just don't like being buffaloed into spending extra money. I went with the Breeze 4wd. It was $200.00 less and the only difference between the models is the color and the warranty is two instead of three years. I don't buy extended warranties, especially one that costs $200.00! I came across this thread while researching a cleaner for my inlaws above ground pool. Apparently there is a private label by the same company with the X4 that is the same as a Breeze XLS. Like the X4 it also has an extra year of warranty for about $200.00 more and just like the X4 it only covers a few parts in the third year. Just an FYI: The Pull out cartridge units do not filter as fine as the units with the bags. I still have my older Aquabot Turbo and I drop that in now and again to get the really fine stuff. Once my current cleaners die, I will probably go with a cleaner with a bag. Its a little less convenient, but my pool will be cleaner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.