JewelScapes vs Pebbletech BeadCrete

Nov 3, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
Beginning a pool remodel.

Was hoping to hear from those who choose either surface finish, price paid per square foot, and color selected. Photos of finished build would be great as especially with JewelScapes it is hard to find diverse representative pictures. Both options tend to be expensive so for those who selected these finishes was it worth it in retrospect? Thanks

We are have a 17x30 3ft to 6ft with raised spa and the price for jewelscapes for that size pool and spa was $16000.00 upgrade. We are going with quartzscapes Barbados blue I'm in south Florida. Most PB go by linear foot here. If I'm remember correctly it's 210 linear foot pool and spa. I think the jewelscapes is beautiful. Sorry I can't help with the other questions. Hope this helps

We are nearing the end of a new build and are putting in Beadcrete Water Blue. The upgrade from Pebble Sheen was I recall around $8000 (CAD) for a 16x30 20K gallon pool and raised spa. Happy to post pics when the water is in and balanced.

jcs2000, here are some shots of our new beadcrete water blue pool and spa. :) It was shot yesterday, washed and filled today. I will post more when the water is balanced.

DCA10A87-E47C-4425-A2C0-F0A8D58AA545.jpg

23B2DA19-2FC2-44C7-ACD9-DCFCB11F2A4E.jpg

A79D0B3B-3D35-4722-A5A6-28E558A0F3E3.jpg

CD70251D-DAB0-4ABF-A2CB-1CB545BB5A38.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks, ummgood! The colour is still developing but so far we love it.

I was thinking as it was going in yesterday, that it was very Smurf-like. :) Similar pigments, I imagine, to Blue Surf?

I think the plaster color might be the same between the two. It isn't that far fetched to think they use the same plaster in several different products I am guessing.

I believe the main difference is that Beadcrete has glass beads only and no pebbles.

Pebble Technology International

I just got an education on this from our local PebbleTec application company and was told that BeadCrete is indeed all glass. Additionally, glass beads can be added to PebbleTec and PebbleSheen finishes (with options for different amounts too). BeadCrete is apparently a *lot* more than the Tec/Sheen finishes (and just adding some glass beads isn't that cheap either). MA pricing for what it's worth.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.