Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: JewelScapes vs Pebbletech BeadCrete

1. Back To Top    #1

JewelScapes vs Pebbletech BeadCrete

Beginning a pool remodel.

Was hoping to hear from those who choose either surface finish, price paid per square foot, and color selected. Photos of finished build would be great as especially with JewelScapes it is hard to find diverse representative pictures. Both options tend to be expensive so for those who selected these finishes was it worth it in retrospect? Thanks
    34x17, IG gunite pool, Cathedral shape, Hayward Pro-Logic automation, 40,000 gal T-cell 15, Hayward EcoStar VFD, Hayward Star-Clear Plus C1200 Cartridge Filter, Hayward ColorLogic LED lights x 2

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: JewelScapes vs Pebbletech BeadCrete

We are have a 17x30 3ft to 6ft with raised spa and the price for jewelscapes for that size pool and spa was $16000.00 upgrade. We are going with quartzscapes Barbados blue I'm in south Florida. Most PB go by linear foot here. If I'm remember correctly it's 210 linear foot pool and spa. I think the jewelscapes is beautiful. Sorry I can't help with the other questions. Hope this helps

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

jewel.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

sapphire beadcrete.jpg

4. Back To Top    #4

Can u clarify which one is which along with the color of the finish? Both of these look great.

I have been quoted $16,500 for PebbleTec BeadCrete Water Blue.
    Leaning toward that at this point.
    34x17, IG gunite pool, Cathedral shape, Hayward Pro-Logic automation, 40,000 gal T-cell 15, Hayward EcoStar VFD, Hayward Star-Clear Plus C1200 Cartridge Filter, Hayward ColorLogic LED lights x 2

5. Back To Top    #5

JewelScapes vs Pebbletech BeadCrete

We are nearing the end of a new build and are putting in Beadcrete Water Blue. The upgrade from Pebble Sheen was I recall around $8000 (CAD) for a 16x30 20K gallon pool and raised spa. Happy to post pics when the water is in and balanced.
    17K, IG, Gunite, 16x30 Rectangular, Beadcrete Water Blue, Hayward C4030 cartridge filter, 2 Hayward SP3400 VSP Variable Speed Pumps, Hayward T-Cell 15 Salt System, OmniLogic Automation, PCC 2000 Infloor cleaner, Coverstar auto cover, 3 deck jets, 3 Savi Melody LED lights, flagstone deck and coping, attached raised winterized spa, TF-100 Test Kit, SpeedStir, build completed 09/10/15.

6. Back To Top    #6

Looking forward to see how that BeadCrete Water Blue looks...please post when available.

7. Back To Top    #7

Our bead shoot is scheduled for tomorrow. 4th time rescheduled, so I'll believe it when I'm squinting from the sparkle.

Happy to post pics before and after fill and balancing!
    17K, IG, Gunite, 16x30 Rectangular, Beadcrete Water Blue, Hayward C4030 cartridge filter, 2 Hayward SP3400 VSP Variable Speed Pumps, Hayward T-Cell 15 Salt System, OmniLogic Automation, PCC 2000 Infloor cleaner, Coverstar auto cover, 3 deck jets, 3 Savi Melody LED lights, flagstone deck and coping, attached raised winterized spa, TF-100 Test Kit, SpeedStir, build completed 09/10/15.

8. Back To Top    #8

jcs2000, here are some shots of our new beadcrete water blue pool and spa. It was shot yesterday, washed and filled today. I will post more when the water is balanced.

9. Back To Top    #9

Wow that is beautiful!
    Pool is done! Only took 17 months! - Natural shape in-ground pool: 37x23, 505sq ft, 96ft perimeter, 7ft deep end, 18,950 gallons, tanning ledge, blue surf pebble sheen/luminous blue blend, Belgard coping, 910 sqft paver deck/walkways, retaining walls out the yinyang. Jandy SWG, 2 LED Color lights, VS 2HP Pump, 460sqft cartridge filter, PDA RS P8 controller. My build

10. Back To Top    #10

Thanks, ummgood! The colour is still developing but so far we love it.

I was thinking as it was going in yesterday, that it was very Smurf-like. Similar pigments, I imagine, to Blue Surf?

11. Back To Top    #11

That water sure sparkles with those beads!
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

12. Back To Top    #12

Looks great! Thank you so much for sharing. Particularly like the color gradient with depth. Certainly sold on BeadCrete. I am between water blue and majestic at this point.

13. Back To Top    #13

What's the difference between Beadcrete and a pebble sheen with luminous glass beads as an add in? Is Beadcrete a smaller pebble?
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

14. Back To Top    #14

I believe the main difference is that Beadcrete has glass beads only and no pebbles.

Pebble Technology International

15. Back To Top    #15

Interesting. Thanks!
    Marla

16. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by Lepidoptera View Post
    Thanks, ummgood! The colour is still developing but so far we love it.

I was thinking as it was going in yesterday, that it was very Smurf-like. Similar pigments, I imagine, to Blue Surf?
    I think the plaster color might be the same between the two. It isn't that far fetched to think they use the same plaster in several different products I am guessing.
    Pool is done! Only took 17 months! - Natural shape in-ground pool: 37x23, 505sq ft, 96ft perimeter, 7ft deep end, 18,950 gallons, tanning ledge, blue surf pebble sheen/luminous blue blend, Belgard coping, 910 sqft paver deck/walkways, retaining walls out the yinyang. Jandy SWG, 2 LED Color lights, VS 2HP Pump, 460sqft cartridge filter, PDA RS P8 controller. My build

17. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by Lepidoptera View Post
    I believe the main difference is that Beadcrete has glass beads only and no pebbles.

Pebble Technology International
    I just got an education on this from our local PebbleTec application company and was told that BeadCrete is indeed all glass. Additionally, glass beads can be added to PebbleTec and PebbleSheen finishes (with options for different amounts too). BeadCrete is apparently a *lot* more than the Tec/Sheen finishes (and just adding some glass beads isn't that cheap either). MA pricing for what it's worth.
    ~25000 gal IG gunite pool, built 2001 - renovated 2015
    Pebble Sheen Blue Surf + Shimmering Sea, Gemz, Classic Pool & Tile Rodio waterline
    Grey Granite Paver Deck, with TechoBloc Blu60 Smooth accent strip
    Hayward OmniLogic, UCL and CL320 LED lights, DE6020 filter, EcoStar pump, TF-100, T-15 SWG, Raypak P406A heater