Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Small pool and hot tub in SE Louisiana

1. Back To Top    #1

Small pool and hot tub in SE Louisiana

Hello all, I have been reading a bunch of threads on here for a few months. I wanted to finally contribute. I decide to start building a pool around January this year and after talking to some local builders, I realized I would be more suited to try it on my own. I researched a tremendous amount and asked for help from many people and finally had the logistics sorted out and began digging on August 5th. As you can see, my yard is very small and I used every available inch of it to maximize my space. The final design of the 4 or 5 my wife and I planned ended up being a 21'8"x11'2" pool connected to a raised 11'2" x 5'9" hot tub. I have purchased all of my equipment already and I will update my profile tomorrow. Here are some progress pics so far, enjoy.

I would have posted sooner but being that I am nervous doing it myself, I wanted to make sure I made it out alive to this point...
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Small pool and hot tub in SE Louisiana

Hi Ray,
    Welcome to TFP!

good for you on DIYing your pool. Its definitely do-able.
    Keep the pics coming!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

3. Back To Top    #3

I have more pics but I cant figure out how to load them

4. Back To Top    #4

Download your pics to photobucket, then copy the IMG code and paste the code into your post. When you click Submit, the pic will show up.
    Posting Photo's Tutorial
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

5. Back To Top    #5

6. Back To Top    #6

- - - Updated - - -

More pics tomorrow

7. Back To Top    #7

Following along. Looks good so far!

8. Back To Top    #8

Poured equipment pad under a/c units due to small yard constraints...SOO HOT that day

- - - Updated - - -

Gunite crew showed up at 0600 ready to rock. I had already had the visqueen up on the house and fence.

- - - Updated - - -

Hot tub done with gunite

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Shes happy

- - - Updated - - -

testing all pipes 25 psi holding steady for 3 days

9. Back To Top    #9

Welcome to the forum fellow Louisianan. My brother is also in Metairie. I just told him the other day that if I had to do it over again I would have just built my own instead of hiring a contractor. I am going to forward this post for him to follow because he now wants to do his own pool. Keep those pictures coming.
    Gunite/Plaster pool at 13k gallons. All Jandy with CL340 series cartridge filter, 1.5 HP Jandy Stealth pump. Jandy 1400 SWCG and PDA4 controller. Dual waterfalls. Polaris 280. Pool installed August 2012. Southern Louisiana. And lets not forget my trusty TF100 test kit!

10. Back To Top    #10

I miss Louisiana ... Grew up in Lafayette and lived there my whole life until six years ago when we moved to Houston. Enjoying watching this unfold!

15k gal IG plaster w/ water feature; 600 gal spa w/ spillway; Pentair VS+SVRS Pump; Pentair FNS Plus DE Filter; Pentair MiniMax NT Heater; Rainbow Lifegard 320 In-Line Feeder (no idea what this does or how it works); Polaris 3900 Sport Cleaner (constantly on its side); Compool Lx3800 Control System; TFT-100 test kit.

11. Back To Top    #11

I have read a bunch about marcite vs db. My question is how much better is db? I really love the smoothness of marcite...

12. Back To Top    #12

I live in Harvey and have a fresh db finish applied in June---you're welcome to come check it out...PM me if you're interested.
    17.4k gallon IG pool with attached spa (spa itself is 730gal), Super Blue Diamondbrite plaster, Circupool SI-45+ SWG, BH/Hayward Cartridge Filter, 2hp 2speed Hayward Super II pump, , Jandy Valves, Waterway Skimmers, Rheem 400k Heater, Polaris 360 cleaner, built 2000+-, replastered June 2015, TF-100 kit---Here's my pool test reading history

13. Back To Top    #13

This is me working on the fence last weekend

- - - Updated - - -

Digging underground drainage from back yard and gutters. Clay is terrible?

- - - Updated - - -

Hot hot hot

- - - Updated - - -

Picked up travertine coping

- - - Updated - - -

Tile and coping complete

- - - Updated - - -

Hot tub. That's all for now folks. Planning on decking equipment set and plaster Friday. If all goes well, I will have water and be done in under a month.
    Shotcrete 21x11 pool with raised 11x5.5 hot tub, 7' spill over. 1"x1" lunata bay mosaic tile and travertine coping. (Not sure of plaster yet) 1hp whisperflo pump for returns and water feature. 3hp whisperflo for 6 waterway jets in hottub. 3 jandy nichless lights. Hayward T-9, PS4, TA60 sand filter. Broke ground Aug 5, 2015 Aiming to be done Sep 10, 2015

14. Back To Top    #14

. Fillerup! Hope this works... Lol

- - - Updated - - -

Shotcrete 21x11 pool with raised 11x5.5 hot tub, 7' spill over. 1"x1" lunata bay mosaic tile and travertine coping. (Not sure of plaster yet) 1hp whisperflo pump for returns and water feature. 3hp whisperflo for 6 waterway jets in hottub. 3 jandy nichless lights. Hayward T-9, PS4, TA60 sand filter. Broke ground Aug 5, 2015 Aiming to be done Sep 10, 2015

15. Back To Top    #15

Love this! I want to see the tile up close!
    ~Wendy
    33'X17' Sports Pool (3'6"-5'-4'6") 7' flush Spa, Blue Granite PT, Waterfalls, Weeping Wall, Baja Ledge and Doggie Beach Entry! Pentair Clean and Clear 420, IntelliFlo XF Pump, SuperFlo 1.5 HP Feature Pump, MasterTemp Heater, Pal-Treo LEDs, Dolphin M4, Liquid Chlorine & TF-100 - My Build Thread

16. Back To Top    #16

Thank you Wendy! They are a beautiful glass pearl. To get a true appreciation you have to see them. I posted a pic from earlier but I will post a close up tomorrow.

17. Back To Top    #17

I can't wait!
    ~Wendy
    33'X17' Sports Pool (3'6"-5'-4'6") 7' flush Spa, Blue Granite PT, Waterfalls, Weeping Wall, Baja Ledge and Doggie Beach Entry! Pentair Clean and Clear 420, IntelliFlo XF Pump, SuperFlo 1.5 HP Feature Pump, MasterTemp Heater, Pal-Treo LEDs, Dolphin M4, Liquid Chlorine & TF-100 - My Build Thread

18. Back To Top    #18

TFP Guide

What an inspiration this thread is! Very smart to do what you can and sub what you can't. Love it!
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

19. Back To Top    #19

Here ya go Wendy

20. Back To Top    #20

TFP Guide

Everything is gorgeous!!! And the fact you did this yourself - amazing! What a sense of accomplishment you must feel. Not to mention what a great job you did and all the materials selections - fabulous job!

I love the pearl tile - the colors are perfect for a pool!!! And you installed just the right amount to accent and catch the eye.

What color finish did you go with (or did I miss that)? In the closeup of the tile, it looks like the pool is filled. We need an overall shot of the pool filled - along with many other pictures! We're a greedy lot for pictures! Lol!!

Have a super great, just in time for swimming, Labor Day weekend!
    Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast