Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Draining my Intex 18'x48" AGP

1. Back To Top    #1

Draining my Intex 18'x48" AGP

Looking for any one that can tell me whether or not I can drain my Intex metal frame pool with the cover on. It's been a rocky road all summer with this thing, being out of level, twice, and I don't feel comfortable with it. My back yard is small, and slopes toward my house which is on a crawl space, no block. Any way, I'm ready to drain, but we're expecting some storms tonight, so I want to keep the cover on, but want to start draining tonight. My question is, is it ok to drain with the cover on? Not sure if it'd suck the cover down along with the water. Really new to this pool thing so I hope I don't sound stupid haha..just a little worried about the wind (that we're starting to get) blowing this thing over along with all the rain were expecting. Thanks in advance!!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Draining my Intex 18'x48" AGP

Hello Mike. Did you ever drain your pool? I noticed you hadn't received a reply yet to yore question last night. Just wanted to check-back to see if you had started the drain or still needed an answer.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Draining my Intex 18'x48" AGP

If you are worried about the wind you might want to keep it full untill after the storm. 7500 gallon pool has over 30 tons of water in it, the wind shouldn't bother it.
    Intex Ultra Frame 26'x52"
    Intex 2,500 gal/hr pump with Unicel cartridge filter.