Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Katy Texas Gunite Pool Build in Cinco Ranch (Houston area)

1. Back To Top    #1

Katy Texas Gunite Pool Build in Cinco Ranch (Houston area)

It's taken me over a year of reading on this site, gathering bids, and getting ready for our pool build. I have never built a pool so gathering lots of information was important to me before deciding. Hopefully, this thread can help you and if you have questions please let me know. The folks on this site were very helpful to me so my hope is to return the favor. More pics to come as the pool comes along.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    20x35 freeform gunite pool & spa (25K), round edge travertine coping, Pentair 400 Mastertemp, 1.5hp WhisperFlo, 420sf cartridge filter, Pentair LED 5g lights, Pentair EASYTOUCH remote

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Katy Texas Gunite Pool Build in Cinco Ranch (Houston area)

Welcome to TFP. Let us know if you have any questions. Congrats on the new pool!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Welcome to the forum. We love pool bids.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome! We are in Cinco too!

15k gal IG plaster w/ water feature; 600 gal spa w/ spillway; Pentair VS+SVRS Pump; Pentair FNS Plus DE Filter; Pentair MiniMax NT Heater; Rainbow Lifegard 320 In-Line Feeder (no idea what this does or how it works); Polaris 3900 Sport Cleaner (constantly on its side); Compool Lx3800 Control System; TFT-100 test kit.

5. Back To Top    #5

Construction team was able to install the rebar. Gunite will follow soon! Woo Hoo -- Can't wait to jump in!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    20x35 freeform gunite pool & spa (25K), round edge travertine coping, Pentair 400 Mastertemp, 1.5hp WhisperFlo, 420sf cartridge filter, Pentair LED 5g lights, Pentair EASYTOUCH remote

6. Back To Top    #6

Hi Smallmouthjunky - Any updates on your pool? Being in Katy myself, I am definitely interested to see how yours turned out. Thanks Philip
    Geometric pool with all Pentair equipment. Raised spa - 18" with Artic Lagoon 1" glass tiles. 3HP VS Pump, 2 skimmers, 6 returns, IC40 Salt system, Easy Touch 8 with LED color light in pool and spa. 1200 sqft of Marble White Pavers decking in Versailles pattern. Tiling and coping almost completed, Indigo Blue Prism Matrix plaster. Pool Build Thread: Houston (Katy) Pool Build - Started April 2016

7. Back To Top    #7

I love the shape. Looking forward to seeing the build.
    40x15 IG, 19,000 gallons, Taylor K-2006C, Intellichlor IC40, Pentiar 1.5 hp Intelliflo VS, Pentair 420 Clean/Clear Filter, Speedstir, Stonescape - french grey, Travertine Paver decking, Completed August 1, 2015.