Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dolphin M5 Question

1. Back To Top    #1

Dolphin M5 Question

Hello Everyone,

I was interested in getting this pool cleaner, looks nice. But i am at a loss in finding a price for it. Prices range from 1100 to 1800 bucks. What is a right price for this thing??

More over reading about the online warranty is another confusing thing for me! A 1000 buck investment going bad in a year and paying extra for repairs is not my idea of a good buy!
    Purex Titron FNS DE Filter 25000 gallons approx.
    Century A.O. Smith B855 56Y 2HP Motor. 40x25 (approx). Plaster surface.
    TFT-100 Test Kit.
    Rainbow Lifeguard 320.
    DX5+S Cleaner.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Dolphin M5 Question

Hi hellstorm,
    The M5 as it 'was' known, is 'discontinued'. The same cleaner is known as the M500 this year, or the Dolphin Supreme.

Many dealers have "branding" agreements with the cleaner makers and so the same machine can be named differently between dealers, with the only differences being the color.

Also, the warranty depends on who you buy the cleaner from. Some of the larger dealers offer full warranty even if purchased online, (mine did), while others do not. So, it definitely pays to search around to find what you want.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

3. Back To Top    #3

Yeah M500 was the one i was looking for. Can you name some large dealers? I did look around a bit. But cant find any concrete information on them. Let me see, i found only one dealer near my area, I have emailed them. So lets see what i get in reply.
    TFT-100 Test Kit.
    Rainbow Lifeguard 320.
    DX5+S Cleaner.

4. Back To Top    #4

I had to give up on my pressure side Kreepy Krauly, 1HP pump was never enough to push it around and didn't want to add another pump. I started shopping and wanted Maytronics as they are here in the Atlanta area, I found a refurb DX4 (looks similar to what you have) and got it for $675 with a 1 year warranty. It is amazing compared to results I got before, albeit set up was not what manufacturer recommended. This thing climbs walls and cleans water line and climbs steps.
    Tallman Monterey (fiberglass), 16'x33', 11500 gallons, 480 sq/ft, Depth: 3' - 5' 6", Salt Water, TF-100, Pentair pump, sand filter, Easy Touch Control System, SWG

5. Back To Top    #5

Below are the only ones I know of. It pays to call them on the phone regardless of the items listed on thier website.

I got mine at Epic Pool Supply with full warranty. Many of us here on TFP did.
    Robotic Pool Cleaners on Sale from Aquabot, Dolphin, Polaris, Hayward and More! | Epic Pool Supply

Pool Supplies, Spa Supplies and Parts is a good company.

Quote Originally Posted by hellstorm2004 View Post
    Yeah M500 was the one i was looking for. Can you name some large dealers? I did look around a bit. But cant find any concrete information on them. Let me see, i found only one dealer near my area, I have emailed them. So lets see what i get in reply.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

6. Back To Top    #6

I found one close to my home. M500 is about 1247 and M400 is 1050. I think i would get one from there.
    TFT-100 Test Kit.
    Rainbow Lifeguard 320.
    DX5+S Cleaner.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Divin Dave View Post
    Below are the only ones I know of. It pays to call them on the phone regardless of the items listed on thier website.

I got mine at Epic Pool Supply with full warranty. Many of us here on TFP did.
    Robotic Pool Cleaners on Sale from Aquabot, Dolphin, Polaris, Hayward and More! | Epic Pool Supply

Pool Supplies, Spa Supplies and Parts is a good company.
    Thanks for this great info DD.