Heat / Cool Heat Pump

I'm in the middle of signing a contract. But I spoke with another Floridian a couple of days ago on here and he said he wished he had. The one I'm looking at is AquaCal Heat Pump/chiller the SQ110R. I think I still want to work it into the budget but I'm trying to find pooler's on this site for their advise.

My pool still has a few more weeks until it's done but we have a Jandy JE3000TR Heat/cool pump. We haven't really found many reviews or expected monthly cost so it was a pretty big gamble. Hopefully it doesn't cost us too much because it would be nice to extend the season and even get less bathwater and more refreshing water in the summer!

Would love to hear anyone around here that has one though.

I'm in the middle of signing a contract. But I spoke with another Floridian a couple of days ago on here and he said he wished he had. The one I'm looking at is AquaCal Heat Pump/chiller the SQ110R. I think I still want to work it into the budget but I'm trying to find pooler's on this site for their advise.

Do you know what they have now in the way of heating (or none) and why they wish they would have gone with a heat pump?

My PB said we don't need a chiller? But I said I want one. Living in Florida is great but when you take a shower here you just turn on cold water because it's warm. At least in our house because we have a well. So I would like some help or comparison of equipment.

WeatherKing P/B Heat Home Owner AquaCal 120R Heat/Chill
PureChlor Salt Chlorine Generator PB Home Owner Pentair Intellichlor IC-40 Salt System
Hayward Max - Flo Medium Head Pump Series PB Home Owner Pentair Oversized Intelliflo Variable Speed Pump VS
Pentair Clean & Clear RP Cartridge RP Cartridge Filter Home Owner Pentair 150 Clean & Clear RP oversized cartridge filter

Any Suggestions or Help are appreciated because I know there is a big price difference. No signed contract yet.

My PB said we don't need a chiller? But I said I want one. Living in Florida is great but when you take a shower here you just turn on cold water because it's warm. At least in our house because we have a well. So I would like some help or comparison of equipment.

WeatherKing P/B Heat Home Owner AquaCal 120R Heat/Chill
PureChlor Salt Chlorine Generator PB Home Owner Pentair Intellichlor IC-40 Salt System
Hayward Max - Flo Medium Head Pump Series PB Home Owner Pentair Oversized Intelliflo Variable Speed Pump VS
Pentair Clean & Clear RP Cartridge RP Cartridge Filter Home Owner Pentair 150 Clean & Clear RP oversized cartridge filter

Any Suggestions or Help are appreciated because I know there is a big price difference. No signed contract yet.

Gotcha, so they don't have the chiller part. Yes, I didn't know this was an option until now and I do think this is something I want to talk to our PB about. I agree, in Florida the pools get too hot at times.

We are looking at Jandy equipment as that is what our PB uses.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I just found this info: poolsupplyworld.com. I just wanted to choose the best equipment up front that I can afford. So I'm comparing and pricing before I sign a contract.

Thanks. This is helpful. Since all the PBs we talked to one except 1 uses Jandy, we are stuck with Jandy. But this will help us compare products within Jandy like the different SWGs.

I called my PB to ask if he had installed a heat/chill heat pump and was surprised to find out that he had not. I guess most in-ground pools have a hot tub and a heat pump is not the best choice in that situation.

I called my PB to ask if he had installed a heat/chill heat pump and was surprised to find out that he had not. I guess most in-ground pools have a hot tub and a heat pump is not the best choice in that situation.

Why is a heat pump not the best? That is what we are thinking about doing for heating our pool/spa. Is it the chill part that makes it not good or heat pump in general?

Why is a heat pump not the best? That is what we are thinking about doing for heating our pool/spa. Is it the chill part that makes it not good or heat pump in general?

Generally speaking, heat pumps typically take longer to heat up a spa than, say, a natural gas heater. They also have efficiencies that depend on the relative humidity of the air used by the heat pump condenser. That being said, if your electric utility rates are cheap or you can not get gas in your location, then the only choice is a heat pump. In my home/pool, we had natural gas already and it is way cheaper to heat the water using gas than it is using electric power.

One other thing to remember about heating a pool in the marginal months - you really need to do it with a pool cover on like a solar bubble cover. When heating up the water you want to retain as much heat as possible and so evaporation heat loss is your biggest driver. So in those cooler months, you'll have to cover the pool surface, run the heater and only uncover the pool when you want to swim.

The reason I'm interested in a Heat/Cool Pump is because I live in Florida. I don't want the pool to feel like a bath. The chiller will get it to desired Temperature. Yes I know I'm spoiled. But if I'm going to build it than I'm weighing all the option's. Some Texan's are installing it to. It's just a choice for you to make:) This site is very good in helping to make your decision's of wish list or not.

Sounds like in Texas it may not work as well as it will here in Florida. We have higher humidity in Florida and I don't think our nights get as cold in the winter. We do not have a lot of natural gas neighborhoods in central Florida, so that also may be the reason people go more with heat pumps here. I would have to do a propane tank and not even sure I have the room to bury one in my yard.

Poolsean

We signed with our builder. The Heat/chill pump he has on the contract. Is the RHEEM heater/chiller model D6350 TIEHC. I know he installs a lot of heater's that are Rheem. But I could not find any information on this model. Do you know any thing about it or know someone who purchased one?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.