Jandy PDA problem

Aug 17, 2015
Riverside
OK, my first post to this so i hope i'm doing it correctly. I have a Jandy PDA system on the pool that is controlled by the handheld remote. I do not have an aqualink control inside the house, but i can control everything fine with the remote, however, this is the crazy part. When the sun is at it's highest point and it's hot outside i loose all control with the handheld, until the sun gets lower...go figure. I have tried moving the antenna to a different location and that did not help. It only does this in the summer, not in the winter....ie, different sun location i guess. Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do to solve it? Thanks for the help

Welcome to TFP! You have to give your question some time for people to see if they can help. Not everyone on here runs that system but mine is similar. While I don't have the PDA system specifically, I have the Jandy Z4 system with a PDA like yours that communicates to a J-box like you have and I have not experienced any thing like this. But my J-Box only gets afternoon sun exposure so perhaps not as long a time to cook the components like yours it seems. There is a small PCB board in there that sounds like one of the components is getting hot and temporarily quitting on you. Depending on the install hopefully there is enough extra line to experiment and move around the J-box to where you can find it some shade and still have it connect to the power center.

Well, Thank you for your response. I did think i allowed time, but, thought maybe I had stumped the panel. That being said I do have enough extra cable to try other areas and hopefully that will solve the problem. I had already moved it twice and it didn't seem to help, but I will try a couple more areas. Again, thanks for the comeback

OK, So by moving the antenna to a place where it can not be seen by the equipment worked. It was not overheating as i suspected it was. I downloaded the instruction manual and it said the antenna had to be at least 10 feet from a blower and all the equipment is in an enclosed block wall area that is enclosed on three sides, so I moved it outside the wall, so it would not get interference from the spa blower. The funny thing is Originally I moved it further away, but it still had a straight shot to the equipment, so it was still interfering. It had to be out of site from the other equipment. Anyway problem solved and back to enjoying the pool:)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.