where/how to add chemicals??

tamaralemus

Silver Supporter
Jul 8, 2015
Port Neches, TX
Just set up pool this weekend, last night realized what a pain the taller walls are!! Our old pool was only 36" tall so I was able to walk completely around the perimeter to add in chemicals diluted with pool water in a bucket! Between tripping over the pavers for the legs, and me being a short 5'2" it killed me! I actually had to stand on the ladder and on the other side, a cinder block!

Ideas on how to dilute/add chemicals? Have a skimmer but was afraid putting the chemicals in there would filter directly out, or corrode the guts of the pump! Have CYA tied in a sock tied to the ladder, and squeeze it a few times a day to help dissolve. Usually put bleach in a bucket full of pool water and walk around adding small amounts to the pool. Same thing with baking soda....

Our inlet isn't covered with water because we are only partially filling because of our son's height....So it actually hits the surface of the water in the middle of pool so I can just dump in front of inlet eyeball.

Any ideas? :confused:

Our typical response is to slowly add chemicals near your return jet(s). You're doing fine with the stabilizer in the sock. Allow the pump to circulate water for about 30 minutes after adding chemicals. Remember never to add bleach and acid at the same time. Typically there is no need to dilute chemicals, but if you chose to do so in advance, it should be fine. Normally we don't advise adding chemicals directly to the skimmer.

Hope this helps.

Texas splash, how long do you wait between muriatic acid and bleach?? I had to add both last night and did the diluted acid and about 10 minutes after that the diluted bleach. Haven't tested since then so don't know if I threw off anything.

Poolldv, thanks for the link! I printed it out for future reference, lol!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.