Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Byron, New Member

1. Back To Top    #1

Plainfield, CT

Byron, New Member

Hello. I installed my pool myself 25 yrs ago. I used chlorine tabs up until last year. We replaced our liner and decided to try a swg. We are very happy with the water quality. I was a little unsure of how to get started so I consulted with a local pool store and had my water tested for the first time since owning the pool. This year I have been unable to maintain FC in the pool and 2 weeks ago ended up with a nasty algae bloom which I finally got cleared up this weekend after spending a small fortune at the pool store. I am very interested in learning and contributing when I have something to offer.
    Foxx18x36 IG vinyl; 25000 gallons;Ecofilter E5 315# Zeolite filter, EcoPump EP-4 1 / One HP Swimming Pool Pump 2speed; Circupool Si+45 PLUS Complete Salt PoolSystem;; Jandy LRZ250EP Legacy LRZ 250,000 BTU; TAYLORK-2006C Swimming Pool/Spa LiquidTest Kit

2. Back To Top    #2
    South-Central Texas, Marion/San Antonio

Re: Byron, New Member

Hello and welcome to TFP! I suspect that after many seasons of having your pool, your CYA level finally caught-up with you. Pucks, tabs, and bags of shock will do that. Please refer to the following pages as they will serve you well in the future:
    Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart
    Poolmath calculator
    Pool School - Recommended Levels
    Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

And if you don't already have your own (proper) test kit, please see for a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006. Welcome!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

San Antonio, TX

Bryon, welcome to TFP!

I see that you have a taylor K2006C
    Free form 17X30. 14,500 Gal. Pentair sand filter and 1.5 hp pump. Aqua-Rite SWCG. TF-100 Test Kit w/Speed Stir

4. Back To Top    #4
    East Texas

Welcome. Learn now. Contribute later!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

5. Back To Top    #5
    DFW, Texas

Welcome to the forum!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.