Filters Not Working-No Water Circulation

Hi,
We recently bought an old property in France complete with 10M pool.

I am a complete novice so bear with me. In the pool house is Jacuzzi 250 Sand filter connected to a Magnum 1000 pump with filter, leading to 3 pipes labelled far, near & pool base filter that go to an electric Chlorine Producer & back round to the Jacuzzi.

We returned to UK for 10days & came back to a very dirty pool. After it stopped raining (!) I cleaned the pool by attaching hose & brush & sucking up the débris. Next I used the backwash followed by (by mistake) turned the Jacuzzi to Whirlpool instead of Rinse. I then cleaned & replaced the pool filter.

Now the problem. When I switched on the Jacuzzi to Filter I found that for the first time the Chlorine Producer transparent tube containing the electric element did not fill with water. Outside the tube into the pool blew bubbles & neither it nor the tube next to the skimmer at the far end have expelled water as they do when working normally.

Below are photos of the system: filter, chlorinator & pool.

I have called the property maintenance man here who got the pool going when we arrived & will call the pool manufacturers when they open tomorrow.

Meanwhile, I would appreciate advice as to what I can do in the meantime.

All the best,

Roger

IMG_3818.jpgIMG_3821.jpgIMG_3826.jpg

With the valve set at "Filter" does water come out anywhere? How long did it run before turned back off, maybe the filter still has a lot of air in it. you could set it to backwash and run the pump until the sightglass is full, then try it back on filter again.

Edit: keep the SWG turned off until resolved.

Is the pump basket full of water? Does the pressure gauge on the filter show normal pressure? Just what I've read sounds to me like all you're doing is pushing air, which should go away in a couple minutes by itself, but won't if you have a suction-side air leak. Carefully check the big O-ring on the pump basket, and also check that the water level in the skimmer isn't too low after the backwash. It should be about halfway up the opening.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.