Is this it?

MARCO...polo

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 4, 2014
East Contra Costa County CA
It's 30 minutes to sundown, pool is like glass other than the slght roll from my last dip. Water is TFP perfect and 83 degrees. Outdoor thermometers indicate that it's still over 90. Barley pop is cold and within reach. Margaritaville radio rolls at a reasonable volume out of the boom box. Cats relax in the cool recently watered lawn. My trunks are still damp but could probably use a refill. The pool light is on but not yet taking any effect other than playing the role of cyclops at the far end of the pool. Anything beyond 'right now' is far from my mind.

Yep, this is it. This is one of the moments that I envisioned when I crossed that 't' when signing that contract last June. Ahhhhh.........

We didn't go in tonight, but we went to Freddy's, got some ice cream for dessert after grilled shrimp skewers and sat on the edge of the pool after dark talking about our day and watching the kids run around like fools barking their cute little corgi heads off. Sometimes you don't even need to get in the pool to feel its relaxation.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.