New Guy here

Hotfry

Aug 16, 2015
Phoenix AZ
Hi everybody :wave:Just wanted to follow the rules and introduce myself.

I found this site through Goolge because I'm getting the High Salt Amps/Chlorenator Off message on our controller for the second time since we had the pool built eight years ago.

I've got to say I'm not impressed with the Hayward equipment. This is the second time for us with the High Salt Amp message, I wish I would have seen the info the first time I found here today. We're on our third chlorine generator, the first one was thankfully warrantied. Our first pool pump blew out a seal and had to be rebuilt then within a year of that the motor burnt up. I had it replaced with a variable speed pump which has saved us some $ on electricity but it stopped working about a month ago. Called out the pool guy who said the hard drive(?) went out. The part was thankfully warrantied this time but his labor cost me $200.

If the fix I read about on here doesn't work then I think I may just turn it into a regular water pool instead of salt water, I have to add chlorine to it anyway because the chlorene generators cant keep up with whats needed here in Arizona which is something else they dont tell you and I cant afford to spend any money to change to another make of generator now.

Anyways sorry to complain about all my problems just getting sick of all the problems.

Hey there Hotfry :) Welcome!

Sorry to hear about the pool equipment woes. We do have a lot of posters from AZ and they do seem to have a few challenges with sun, calcium in the water, etc. that most of us don't deal with. Hopefully something you read here will be helpful to you.

Yippee :flower: Skippy's better half :batman:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.