Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Daily Tests

1. Back To Top    #1

Daily Tests

I realize that this is a total newbie question, but I'm really confused.

If my daily Chlorine OT tests only for TC, how do I know how much bleach to add if the amount is based on FC? Do I need to the DPD test every day to figure out how much FC I have?
    13 K gallons, in ground, rectangle, 14 x 30 Vinyl, single main drain, Sand filter, Hayward Tablet Chlorinator, Pentair Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Daily Tests

The OTO test kit is handy for a quick "look-see" to confirm that yes, there is chlorine there! (or conversely no, there isn't any chlorine in there!). Since it only goes up to 5ppm it isn't terribly useful to me.

I just run a quick pH test and a DPD drop test (with CC test) for my daily or every other day tests.

As to how much bleach to add I know that whatever my FC is I can add 17 ounces of bleach and it will raise my FC by 1ppm.

For your sized pool 19 ounces of 8.25 % should raise it 1ppm. Makes for a fast way to bump up the FC by knowing that.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

If you have the fas-dpd test, use it. Accuracy counts!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4

Okay, that's what I thought, but I just wanted to be sure I wasn't misunderstanding my TF-100 instructions.

Thank you.
    13 K gallons, in ground, rectangle, 14 x 30 Vinyl, single main drain, Sand filter, Hayward Tablet Chlorinator, Pentair Pump