Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Daily Tests

1. Back To Top    #1

Daily Tests

I realize that this is a total newbie question, but I'm really confused.

If my daily Chlorine OT tests only for TC, how do I know how much bleach to add if the amount is based on FC? Do I need to the DPD test every day to figure out how much FC I have?
    13 K gallons, in ground, rectangle, 14 x 30 Vinyl, single main drain, Sand filter, Hayward Tablet Chlorinator, Pentair Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Daily Tests

The OTO test kit is handy for a quick "look-see" to confirm that yes, there is chlorine there! (or conversely no, there isn't any chlorine in there!). Since it only goes up to 5ppm it isn't terribly useful to me.

I just run a quick pH test and a DPD drop test (with CC test) for my daily or every other day tests.

As to how much bleach to add I know that whatever my FC is I can add 17 ounces of bleach and it will raise my FC by 1ppm.

For your sized pool 19 ounces of 8.25 % should raise it 1ppm. Makes for a fast way to bump up the FC by knowing that.
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

If you have the fas-dpd test, use it. Accuracy counts!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4

Okay, that's what I thought, but I just wanted to be sure I wasn't misunderstanding my TF-100 instructions.

Thank you.
    13 K gallons, in ground, rectangle, 14 x 30 Vinyl, single main drain, Sand filter, Hayward Tablet Chlorinator, Pentair Pump