Problem with Autopilot digital 2200

Binge

Aug 10, 2015
Palm Bay florida
Hi guys, i have a problem with my autopilot digital 2200. i keep getting the message check flow, i did a few things: first i checked all the skimmer basket, cleaned the filter, the manifold screen,etc. im getting great pressure with no bubbles. i read where to check the capacitors and sure three had black stuff coming out the top, i replaced them, also the fans dont come on, i replace them but its still not coming on, any help will greatly be appreciated.

Check your manifold base check valve to make sure that when the pump is off, the check valve is fully closed. You can tell by identifying the red gasket on the inlet side of the check valve first. When the pump is on, the gasket should move about 1/4" and no more than 1/2". The important part is when you turn your pump off, the gasket should close. If not, then it's probably got some debris keeping it stuck opened, and can be letting TOO much water through the base, and not enough through the tri-sensor (flow switch).
Another place to check is your cell to make sure it's not scaled and blocking flow.

Finally, if you're comfortable and mechanically capable, you can remove the tri-sensor from the bottom of the power supply and make a jumper wire to jump out the flow pins, and you can also test the tri-sensor with a multimeter. The tri-sensor is a 6-pin connector. The middle two pins are the flow pins.
1) On the bottom of the DIG-220 unit, if you place a jumper wire across the two pins, this will simulate proper flow. The flow warning should go away. This indicates that you have an actual flow issue or a bad tri-sensor.
2) On the tri-sensor cord, put the probes of a multimeter (in OHMS or Continuity mode) on the two middle pins. With the pump on, test for ohms or continuity, which will indicate that the flow switch is working properly.
If the tri-sensor is not working properly, then it needs to be replaced.
However, if it is working properly, then there is an actual flow issue going through the cell/manifold.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.