Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward eyeball return jet... to Gameboy adapter... to intex hose - LEAKING

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward eyeball return jet... to Gameboy adapter... to intex hose - LEAKING

Hi Folks - I just tried installing the Hayward return jet that came with the Hayward skimmer I installed a while ago. I connected the return jet to a Gameboy adapter (see pics below) to enable an easy connection to the stock intex return line.

Does the hayward return jet to Game Boy adapter require a washer where these two fittings meet?

I tried using some pipe dope at this connection, but I was doing this with water in the pool, so the threads where wet; so I'm not if this is the problem, or if I am missing a washer.

Any advice to get me leak free connection would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,
    Greg
    20150816_171819.jpg20150816_171838.jpg

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Hayward eyeball return jet... to Gameboy adapter... to intex hose - LEAKING

You should use the Teflon tape that came with the adapters. That how I did mine, no leaks.

Dom
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Two Intex CS8110 SWG's | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels with Hayward GLC-2P-A | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!