Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dead algae

1. Back To Top    #1

Dead algae

I had a very green pool. Got that taken care of but now i have dead algae in my 27ft x 52 in round above ground pool. I vacuum the pool but it comes back into the pool thru the inlet. I bought a new cartridge for my filter. That has not helped. It all settles and i vac it ever so slowly then its cloudy. It settles and i do it all over again. How do i get the dead algae out of my pool? I can see it coming out of the inlet. This has been the worst year for my pool.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Dead algae

First, if your pool is still cloudy then you need to continue keeping your FC at SLAM level or risk a relapse back to green. You have to pass all 3 criteria to stop the SLAM.

As for your filter, it does sound like there is a problem if you are not noticing anything filtering out. Is your filter getting dirty at all when you vacuum? Unfortunately you will likely have to find someone local to take a look at it to see if there are any missing parts or a leak somewhere, it would be nearly impossible for us to diagnose it through the forum.
    JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter. Dual speed 1 HP pump, Hayward S210T sand filter
    Pool School - PoolMath - HIGHLY Recommended Test Kits

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Dead algae

Its only cloudy when we vacuum. Yes the cartridge gets slimy and real quick but it stops working. We put socks on the inlet and it still gets through. I will have to get someone to look at it. Thankyou