Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Guinea Pig Wanted!

1. Back To Top    #1

Guinea Pig Wanted!

Hitachi Introduces High-Performance Wireless Whole-Home Audio Speakers | News Releases : Hitachi in the U.S.A.

I see these just got released at a heckuva lot cheaper price point than Sonos. Includes Bluetooth too! If they have as good a quality------no brainer. Wonder if they are compatible with the Sonos stuff? Doubtful!

Maybe at least Sonos may come off their high horse prices? All these are currently at "select" Walmart for 20- 30 bucks less that suggested retail too.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Guinea Pig Wanted!

No guinea pigs, but I have a few cats and dogs I could send out to you

Would be good to see reviews.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Were announced in May ( I didn't know it) and just hit the street.
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4

Buy me some and I'll be your huckelberry
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

5. Back To Top    #5

Just slip on over and enjoy my Sonos 5's!

6. Back To Top    #6

5s are sweet! I can hear em from my pool!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

7. Back To Top    #7

i have no idea how to hook all of that stuff up. None at all.
    I might have to twist someones arm and offer up refreshments for some of you geniuses to come help me if I ever decide to get high tech.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

8. Back To Top    #8

Man, If you got a wireless network-------it's all pretty much plug and play with this stuff! Heck----------I did it! Installing the new router was a lot harder ( and dang sure wasn't supposed to be).

9. Back To Top    #9

Setting up a network can be plug and play ... but when it stops working for some reason, networking can be a real PITA to get straightened back out.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

10. Back To Top    #10

Amen to that.

11. Back To Top    #11

I have extensive experience with Hitachi's enterprise Storage Area Network (SAN) and some of their consumer level products and they rock. We throw the kitchen sink at this SAN and it keeps chugging along. They have the unusual habit of sharing their technology with other companies. EMC can no longer compete in the same enterprise SAN space with Hitachi and incorporates Hitachi's solid state hard drive technology, as do many of the SAN vendors. Many of the enterprise level computer hardware (particularly IBM) and consumer level electronics are manufactured by Hitachi and then re branded as Toshiba, Ricoh, NEC, Sharp, SONY etc with a few extra bells and whistles to differentiate them from Hitachi's brand (they choose not to directly compete with their partners). When Hitachi decides to go into a market they quietly take it over from the manufacturing side. Hitachi would likely not put out this product unless it was rock solid and will do anything necessary to ensure it succeeds. I wouldn't be surprised if Sonos (is or) will be selling re branded Hitachi hardware.
    5900 gal Oval 17' x 12' x 54" Sharkline Navigator 54 AGP; 1.5 HP Hayward Power-Flo LX Pump; Hayward EC65A DE Filter; AquaComfort XL ACT-750 Heat Pump;
    Hasa 8 gal Liquidator;
    TF-100 Test Kit w/Speedstir

12. Back To Top    #12

Have you looked at all on wirecutter to see if they were revised there?
    Central TX / 12K GAL / IG / SWG / DE filter / Pentair SVRS & 3 swim jet pumps / Spa bench and jets / Single body of water / No heater.

13. Back To Top    #13

I have a buddy I set up with a wireless network and we transformed him to essentially paperless with a Synology Raided NAS and we did wireless extenders due to the size of the building he owns (and lives in underneath). Then the fool goes and gives the password to the secure side to one of his front desk stuff and within a day, everyone was on FB, attaching their phones, etc.

We had a very nice and quiet (not!) discussion about not being stupid with your network security and then I tore it all down and rebuilt it. We've got all of his passwords stored in mSecure and backdropped to DropBox with 256 bit encryption and he's back to a solid network under the threat of what I'm going to cut off if he pulls something that stupid again...lol
    Central TX / 12K GAL / IG / SWG / DE filter / Pentair SVRS & 3 swim jet pumps / Spa bench and jets / Single body of water / No heater.

14. Back To Top    #14

Caveat: I'm a Sonos fan. Looking into these Hitachis... these are AllPlay speakers, which means that the Qualcomm AllPlay chip is driving inside. This system will support multi-room local play of your iTunes/etc over wifi, just like Sonos.

However, many streaming services will not work with AllPlayover wifi (Pandora, iHeartRadio, Beats, Apple Music, Google Play... To name a few). These services will stream via Bluetooth to ONE speaker, but not across multiple zones or speakers.

So... good multi-room system for your local music. Works as a Bluetooth system as well, but only to one speaker, not a system. The price point is great and will (hopefully) push Sonos to bring better value.
    COMPLETED BUILD THREAD - 15'x29' rectangular offset shotcrete pool; 14,100 gal; 5'x7' raised spa with 400k btu fire feature; 7' spillover; 25' leuder stone raised bond wall w/waterfall; Pentair SWG; Pentair VS (pool); Pentair 3/4hp feature pump; 1hp spa blower; Pentair Cartridge filter; Pentair “Easy Touch 8” wireless; Dolphin Oasis Z5 robot; Solar Hydronics iSwim solar panels; Mansard Screen Enclosure; walnut travertine deck; 1 very happy kiddo.

15. Back To Top    #15

Thanks for pointing that out txnole.. I must have missed that in the "fine print." You know if Spotify is able to stream to all speakers?

16. Back To Top    #16

I'm a big fan of the Apple Airport Express and my existing stereos. It requires iTunes, but that is how I've digitized my CDs anyway. Adding Airfoil has opened up all sorts of streaming options too. Poolside, my OLD ipod touch and the iTunes Remote app work well with my boom box solution. If you, like me, have some older equipment that still sounds great but lack the digital features... it is worth checking out.

............................................................ ........................
    Kayak Pool - 12 ft. x 24 ft. rectangular, 5˝ ft. deep end
    Frog System, Sta-Rite-Modular Media Cartridge Filter, Pentair 1 H.P. pump
    AquaPRO Pro500 heat pump & Automatic AutoGuard™ Pool safety cover
    ............................................................ ........................

17. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by woodyp View Post
    Thanks for pointing that out txnole.. I must have missed that in the "fine print." You know if Spotify is able to stream to all speakers?
    Spotify works out of the box for these new Hitachis.
    COMPLETED BUILD THREAD - 15'x29' rectangular offset shotcrete pool; 14,100 gal; 5'x7' raised spa with 400k btu fire feature; 7' spillover; 25' leuder stone raised bond wall w/waterfall; Pentair SWG; Pentair VS (pool); Pentair 3/4hp feature pump; 1hp spa blower; Pentair Cartridge filter; Pentair “Easy Touch 8” wireless; Dolphin Oasis Z5 robot; Solar Hydronics iSwim solar panels; Mansard Screen Enclosure; walnut travertine deck; 1 very happy kiddo.