Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: rsovis - New to TFP

1. Back To Top    #1
    Flint, MI

rsovis - New to TFP

I became a new pool owner nine years ago when we purchased our current home. We had previously spent three years in a townhouse that had access to a community pool in which numerous times my kids and I were the only ones swimming. That may have been due to the fact we swam in any kind of weather, which included rain and temperatures as slow as 65 degrees F.

The first five or six years at our current home I was able to maintain a clear pool with the help of a local pool store and whatever I could learn on my own; however, the last three years I have had one too many swamps develop and realized it was time to learn more.

Early this summer I discovered and learned a lot from TFP verifying several things with a good friend of mine who graduated from Harvard with a PhD in Chemistry.

I have experienced exactly what TFP states, “We believe that armed with the power of understanding, any pool owner can achieve and maintain crystal clear water without reliance on the often unproductive advice and unneeded expense from pool stores.”

This year my pool has been crystal clear and I have saved money. I look forward to interacting with everyone and sharing my story in the hopes it will help others do the same.
    20' X 40' IG Grecian Style, vinyl, 36k, 8.5' deep end
    2 Skimmers, 2 returns, main drain
    Indoor Hayward 1.5 HP
    Hayward Sand Filter S-244T, Multi-Valve
    Pentair Pro-11 Testkit, purchasing FAS/DPD test separate

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    'burbs of Augusta, Georgia

Re: rsovis - New to TFP

Welcome Rsovis Glad you found us!

Got a pic of your pool you want to share? For some weird strange reason we love pool pics. Go figure?
    12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub. Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain
    CLICK HERE to Become a Supporter

3. Back To Top    #3
    Northern IL

Great story. Welcome Rsovis!
    27K IG rectangular; vinyl liner; sand filter; 1hp pump; auto-cover; heater; K-2006.

4. Back To Top    #4
    DFW, Texas

Welcome to TFP and thanks for sharing that story!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.