Pleatco PA100-M vs PA100

Thanks!
I re-ordered the Aqua EZ 100-sq ft Pool Cartridge Filter Model #: C8610 (see image) from Lowes ($65.46 shipped), to replace my current filter cartidge. Take note of the 5 bands instead the standard 4 bands. When the order arrived, it was not the same filter with 5 bands but rather it was a Pleatco PA100 with 4 bands that had an Aqua EZ label.

View attachment 41771

I did a quick price check on Pleatco PA100 and found one for $49.21 shipped so I ordered it to compare. When this order arrived, it was not the Pleatco PA100 but rather the PA100-M with that blue antimicrobial.

I don't know, if the blue Antimicrobial actually has any benefit but it would appear, keeping the PA100-M and returning the PA-100 would be the way to go. ;)

If you keep your FC at recomended levels, there wont be any microbes for the microbial stuff on the filter to work on. I suspect thats just one more thing that marketing people use to convince people to buy something thats not going to make any difference one way or the other.

Just for their marketing dishonesty and/or not understanding the nature of keeping bugs, germs and algae out of a pool, The Pleatco CEO should be put on public view imprisoned in the stockade just like they used to do in Colonial times. After a week or so and I bet he'd remove that silly "antimicrobial" from his filters.:poke:

So Dave,
Tell us how you really feel?
haha... I dont know how some of these folks who sell this stuff do it with a clear conscience.

Just for their marketing dishonesty and/or not understanding the nature of keeping bugs, germs and algae out of a pool, The Pleatco CEO should be put on public view imprisoned in the stockade just like they used to do in Colonial times. After a week or so and I bet he'd remove that silly "antimicrobial" from his filters.:poke:

If you keep your FC at recomended levels, there wont be any microbes for the microbial stuff on the filter to work on. I suspect thats just one more thing that marketing people use to convince people to buy something thats not going to make any difference one way or the other.
Thanks!
And agreed...Although truth be told, I can't say that I'm perfect at keeping the FC at recommended levels. That being said, I did get the PA100-M for $49.21 ($16.25 less than the PA100).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.