Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need help with a question about Pentair Transceivers

1. Back To Top    #1

Need help with a question about Pentair Transceivers

My old Pentair Wireless controller (520164) died and I could not find a new replacement. So I brought the new replacement model (520907). The question is, will my old transceiver (520601-version 1020) work with the new controller? Thanks.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need help with a question about Pentair Transceivers

Hi, Ray - this may not be in the right section, but answering in hopes of helping out. pentaire has several generations of communications protocols from what I've read. Depending on how old yours may be, buying a new receiver may not match the transmitter/remote, so it may not work. Listed on the back of the remote should be a revision number that you can google to find the communications protocol in use. Buying a matching receiver should work, hut at higher cost. Good luck,
    July2015 New - 12,900gal IG Clorine Pool: Free Form Shot/PebbleSheen, Ceramic Waterline/Travertine Coping/Deck, Paramount PV3 In-Floor, Pentair 3050VS Intelliflo Variable (3000rpm High/1000rpm Low), Pentair Clean & Clear 420 Cartridge, Venturi Skimmer, MDX/SDX Drain, Paralevel, Rock Waterfall +3/4" Aireator, Intellibrite 5G LED, EasyTouch4, and Tab Floater.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Need help with a question about Pentair Transceivers

Quote Originally Posted by LongDuck View Post
    Hi, Ray - this may not be in the right section, but answering in hopes of helping out. pentaire has several generations of communications protocols from what I've read. Depending on how old yours may be, buying a new receiver may not match the transmitter/remote, so it may not work. Listed on the back of the remote should be a revision number that you can google to find the communications protocol in use. Buying a matching receiver should work, hut at higher cost. Good luck,

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks.