Are my bubblers working correctly?

grottoguy

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 24, 2014
NJ
IMG_2500.jpgI have two bubblers in my sunshelf that, as the name implies, are supposed to bubble up in the air. But at least half the time, one of the bubblers (and it varies by which one) is not going straight up, but rather, from side to side. I have tried to attach an 11 second video that shows what is happening, but that didnt work, so I have atatched a still photo. My PB has a main guy that fixes everything and they have been very good at fixing every problem (and there has been a lot) But he insists that the waves from the pool (essentially the water circualting around the pool) is affecting the bubbler and casuing it to go from side to side instead of up in the air. I don't understand his explanation and would like to know what others have experienced. My model of the Bubblers is "CMP Brilliant Wonders LED BUBBLERS"

Thanks

I have two bubblers on my sun shelf and I have no issues like that at all. They work evenly no matter what's going on - other features running, people swimming, etc. His explanation doesn't make sense to me either.

The startup for our pool was only 3 weeks ago. The guy from the PB started the pumps, etc. When the bubblers first began, one did like yours while the other one looked fine. He said it was no problem and that the bubbler just needed adjusting. I can't remember if what he did was at the bubbler itself or back at the equipment pad. But whatever he did took only a minute or two and corrected the problem.

Maybe your bubblers are a new brand or line for the guy, and he simply doesn't know what to do. Try googling the name of your bubblers and see what you can find. Hopefully, it's an easy fix like maybe a pebble stuck near the opening of the bubbler.

Let us know what happens, so when mine do that, I'll know what to do!! Lol!!
Suz.

I'll try to remember to find out. My equipment is Jandy, but I guess that doesn't necessarily mean the bubblers are Jandy. That's one of the thousands of details I overlooked!!!

Suz.
p.s. I just wrote myself a note to ask on Monday. That doesn't mean I will remember, but it increases the odds!!! Lol!!!

My first thought is you have a valve that needs turned one way or another to adjust so flow is the same through both of them. Depending how they are plumbed in may be on same valve or maybe not. Should all be by your pool equipment and pump.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.