Underwater speakers

eqbob

Jul 25, 2012
Central Texas
There seems to be a growing subset of speakers that can stream music underwater. Some are Bluetooth so could stream straight from a source such as a phone or iPod.

Searching the forums for this topic brings up posts mostly 2013 and before.

Is anybody doing this? Seems to be in the 200 price range.

I have no clue how tunes underwater would sound... Has anyone heard this and can describe?

My question is- why would you want them?? Unless you're holding your breath a long time under the water....? I don't get it?? :scratch:

Single word answer.... Curiosity. Just like people ask about borates or lots of things...

In all fairness, I didn't say I wanted them. I came across something that looked interesting and figured I'd ask a question if people had these. It's an idea I never thought of. So simply researching it to see what was available. If they were 25 bucks, trying one out for fun to see if you could hear music while swimming against my swim jets ( when depending on stroke and or use of snorkel, the head is largely underwater), it would be kind of a kewl experiment. At 8x or more the cost level of Kewl experiment, and plenty of other bills that are far more important, it isn't anything that going to happen.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.