A Good Pool Builder Story

skylar18

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 8, 2013
Austin, Texas
Wanted to share a positive experience with my Pool Builder. I had my pool built over two years ago and if everyone was around then on this forum would know that my build would have been considered "difficult" with all of the issues I had, so I feel for everyone that is struggling with their build.

2 weeks ago my pump went out and/or my control board on my Jandy equipment. Since I have a three year warranty on all my stuff, I called Jandy and they logged the call and gave me the number of one of their warranty guys but recommended a certain one from this area. Call was placed and then nothing for almost a week and a half. Guy would not return calls, answer texts or anything. Finally we got a message from him saying equipment was ordered from Jandy and he would show up when it arrives. A few days go by and nothing. I call Jandy back and I found out out that nothing has been ordered for my pool. I finally get a hold of the guy later that day and he says he has the parts and he will arrive the next day. Of course I know he has no parts and have no expectation of him showing up. Of course he doesn't show. Jandy was no help either but that is a different story. I called the other Jandy Warranty companies and they each said they couldn't get out to my pool for another week.

After 2 weeks of making sure my pool didn't turn green, brushing like crazy, knowing that all sorts of stuff was growing in my pipes and filter, and more and more debris getting in the pool I was going crazy. Never had to SLAM the pool and was trying to remain perfect!

In desperation I called my Pool Builder and told them the story. Within 4 hours they had showed up at my house during the busy season, had a spare pump with them to hook up if it turned out to be the pump, and got my pool working for the time being! This was Thursday and was able to swim in my pool last night!

I ripped the Pool Builder apart a few times during my build on this forum but wanted to give them a shout out when they went above and beyond what they needed to do!

That's definitely a good story to hear. Like Dave said, most of them are decent people, but there are so many variables and people in the mix. It makes it hard sometimes to sort out the tangle.

Write him a nice review on FB, Yelp, or wherever it's popular to make and find reviews now days.

Take care,
Suz.

That's definitely a good story to hear. Like Dave said, most of them are decent people, but there are so many variables and people in the mix. It makes it hard sometimes to sort out the tangle.

Write him a nice review on FB, Yelp, or wherever it's popular to make and find reviews now days.

Take care,
Suz.

Actually did on yelp yesterday. Funny thing was the review posted right before mine was one ripping them to shreds and talking about the lawsuits and lawyers that are involved because of their pool build. It was a 225K Pool Build! Ouch!

Actually did on yelp yesterday. Funny thing was the review posted right before mind was one ripping them to shreds and talking about the lawsuits and lawyers that are involved because of their pool build. It was a 225K Pool Build! Ouch!

Wow! That's even painful to read! Maybe this guy should concentrate on being a pool repair company. Goodness knows, good ones are needed!

Like you said, Ouch! I'm still hurting from the 225K pool! I'd love to see pictures of that!

Suz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
All I can say is that there is a world of diffence betwen 225K pools and 25K pools. Unfortunately, sounds like your PB bit off more than maybe he and his subs could chew. Hate to hear things like this.

Actually did on yelp yesterday. Funny thing was the review posted right before mind was one ripping them to shreds and talking about the lawsuits and lawyers that are involved because of their pool build. It was a 225K Pool Build! Ouch!

My PB was used to doing jobs that big....some of them looked like water parks!

I talked to the PB about it when I read it. He said, you know they were good people and feels bad about the whole thing. He said that they as a company made a mistake and said they knew the job was a year long construction job and they told the buyers 8 months. He said combine that with the buyers continuously changing their mind on colors, stone, grout, outdoor kitchen design, etc. He said it was just to big of job where the specs kept changing. For example they put up a huge glass tile facade somewhere on the pool and the wife picked out the grout color as white, then when the wall was done, she said she hated it, tear it down. THE PB said they then would keep getting caught up in trying to keep the 225k pool buyer happy!

He said it was just a mess. The buyer actually owes the pool company 50K. I guess my point is the owners sometimes are impossible to work with as well. I am sure I was a royal pain!

I asked him why so many PB's are less than "accurate" on their estimated completion dates.....He said the problem is the big national chains that pump out low cost pools use phrases like 30 days till fill or 60 days to fill in their proposals and sales slogans. And no matter what happens or how much prospective buyers like a certain builder, he said a lot of them use the date it will be completed along with price as 2 major factors.

So they quote a earlier date and hope for divine intervention that everything goes right. Really weird concept in my mind, to me you are starting every job behind the 8 ball.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.