Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Enough to be Dangerous

1. Back To Top    #1

Clearwater, FL

Enough to be Dangerous

I have often used the expression, "I know enough to be dangerous," but when it comes to pools, before I found this place I was completely ignorant and therefore safe as a kitten. Essentially that means I was willing to accept what I read here as expert advice and follow it. I should say, then, that my ignorance of pool care was a strength I brought with me. Not so for many first time posters I have read here; they ask for advice, then believing they know mostly what they need to know, immediately ignore that advice and are, therefore, dangerous. All this is a round about way of saying thank you to the members here who have taken the time to answer many people's questions and made this site such a wonderful resource for those of us new to pool care.
    16K gallon IG exposed aggregate pool with Aquarite SWG T15 cell, Hayward C1750 filter, EcoStar SP3400VSP pump, H400FD pool/spa heater, Polaris PB4-60 booster pump, 280 pressure cleaner, Hayward Super II spa pump and Air Supply Silencer spa blower

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Enough to be Dangerous

Thanks!! I like to say, we could not have gotten control of your pool without you

When I first found this website, I did as you described. A little reading and thought I "got it" ... well, I still missed the most crucial piece of info, the FC/CYA relationship. Took another year of a non-ideal pool for me to buckle down and figure out everything that TFP was about. No turning back now
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    South-Central Texas, Marion/San Antonio

We were all new once, and still learn something new everyday. Thanks!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Thanks for sharing that! It is a great perspective. I got here just like you, knew nothing, no preconceived notions. Started TFPC on day one. I have never bought a single thing from a pool store ever. My pool has been crystal clear and we have been able to swim every single day that we wanted to for over three years. It is so easy and so effective that I have to share.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach