Hi everyone - I am completely new to this group as of half hour ago. I am pretty sure I listed all of the information in my signature that's needed. I tested my water just now and every single level on the strip is fine. They tested it at the pool store and got the same results, and they told me it tested negative for Phosphates. Water is crystal clear. Here's my issue:
3 weeks ago I woke up to algae (tan in color) all over the bottom of my pool. I put in two bags of shock and vacuumed, and it all came back. I did two algaecide treatments with the product recommended by my local pool supply store, followed the directions to the T, and the algae returned within 24 hours each time. I vacuumed to waste 3x, each time giving a double shock treatment, and again - algae returned by the next morning. I used two different algaecide products from a different manufacturer, followed all instructions, vacuuming to waste with each treatment, and algae returned. After the last time I vacuumed to waste, I shut off my filter (left it off for 4 days) and the pool stayed 100% clear. So, I (as well as the pool company) assumed the problem was the filter. They installed a brand new $450 filter and all new hoses, I shocked the pool, turned on the brand new filter, and within 12 hours I had algae AGAIN all over the pool.
It was recommended to me by a different pool company to try the following... I just added soda ash at noon, I'm waiting until 7:00pm and doing one more 2 lb algaecide treatment with a new product along with 2 lbs of shock, and adding 2 more lbs of shock in the morning and again at night. I'm doing it, but I am very sceptical that it will work since nothing else has.
At this point I have spent over $800 in three weeks between the new filter, hoses, and all of the chemicals and not one single thing has helped. Before I resort to emptying the pool completely and letting the sun kill whatever might be in there before I refill it, I was hoping that someone here can help.