Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie here. Just fill up my 22,000gal agp. Here are my test results with two chlorin

1. Back To Top    #1

Newbie here. Just fill up my 22,000gal agp. Here are my test results with two chlorin

CYA-0
    Chlorine-0
    PH-8
    Hardness-125
    TA-140

I have no clue what I'm doing
    Saltwater 8000 30ft round AGP / 22,000 gal / 1Hp Hayward variable speed super pump / Hayward 150sqft cartridge filter / Hayward Aquarite 25k gal salt system / katchakid

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Newbie here. Just fill up my 22,000gal agp. Here are my test results with two chl

Using 2- HTH Ultra 3" chlorine tablets in two floaters
    Saltwater 8000 30ft round AGP / 22,000 gal / 1Hp Hayward variable speed super pump / Hayward 150sqft cartridge filter / Hayward Aquarite 25k gal salt system / katchakid

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Newbie here. Just fill up my 22,000gal agp. Here are my test results with two chl

4. Back To Top    #4

1) Get the pump and filter going.
    2) Add 2 ppm FC using bleach. Poolmath can crunch the numbers for you. Expect it all to disappear within hours.
    3) Add 40 CYA using the sock method
    4) By the time you're done messing with the sock, the chlorine will have mixed and you add some acid to get pH to 7.4. 7.2 will work better to lower the TA, but the pool volume isn't always what you calculate. Better to underdose than overdose.
    5) Grit your teeth against the chilly water and
    6) Day two: add 3 FC. Recheck pH and TA and adjust if pH is above 7.8.
    7) Day 3: The CYA should all be dissolved, so target 6 FC. Target, don't add. You might have some residual, so test first and let poolmath tell you how much
    8) Days 4-6, Target 6 FC and keep pH between 7.2 and 7.8. Probably need to brush and vacuum somewhere in there.
    9) Day 7, measure CYA. Run all the tests in fact. Post results.

It's really just that simple. You're starting fresh, so you can be in complete control from day one.

Oops. I see you have updated and posted again. You shouldn't be adding metals to the water. Those pucks add zinc. Also CYA. A steady diet of those pucks will drive CYA too high, cause pH to crash, and ultimately stain the liner. It's sad to see you give up on our methods before you even gave them a chance.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

Sorry, I really didn't know the methods. I printed out pool school but it was a little confusing where to start with a fresh new pool

6. Back To Top    #6

Pump and filter have been running for about 3 days and the pucks have been in there for three days

7. Back To Top    #7

Hi Ranchdip, I gotta ask, what are you testing with. a good test kit, I hope. I would remove the pucks and follow Richard directions. don't know how much CYA is in your pool from pucks, But I bet Richard will know. (he's very knowledgable )
    Si -central Mo. 32' x 16' -- 3'4" to 6' deep Vinyl liner - 16,500 Gals : Triton II filter -Duraglass 2 hp pump - 1 speed : SI-30 salt generator
    TF-100 with speedstir

8. Back To Top    #8

Ok will do

9. Back To Top    #9

Here are some useful references links.

Please ask if there is something you dont understand. We'll be glad to help you.
    Pool School - Recommended Levels
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

And Pool Math along with your test kit are your best friends
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

10. Back To Top    #10

Divin Dave always has the right links for the job,
    Si -central Mo. 32' x 16' -- 3'4" to 6' deep Vinyl liner - 16,500 Gals : Triton II filter -Duraglass 2 hp pump - 1 speed : SI-30 salt generator
    TF-100 with speedstir

11. Back To Top    #11

Thanks so much guys. Y'all have been a huge help!

12. Back To Top    #12

Using the TF-100 test kit. However, it's been sitting in my garage for a year

13. Back To Top    #13

Inside in the air conditioning would have been better.

Please add your pool info to your signature as shown here, Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

14. Back To Top    #14

Will do

15. Back To Top    #15

Newbie here. Just fill up my 22,000gal agp. Here are my test results with two...

Today's results. Hopefully my kit hasn't been compromised since it wasn't air conditioned.

FC= 1.5ppm
    TA=170
    CH=150
    Ph= 7.5

16. Back To Top    #16

Quick question: I have the stabilizer going in the sock. Considering my current numbers. Can I let my boys swim?

17. Back To Top    #17

It is safe to swim when
    PH is 7.2 to 7.8
    Chlorine is above minimum and below shock level
    for your CYA, Chlorine CYA Chart
    Water is clear
    TFP Moderator
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

18. Back To Top    #18

Thanks! So, even though I have stabilizer leaching through the sock at this time it's ok to swim in? Thanks so much guys! I really feel I'm getting a grip on this.

19. Back To Top    #19

By the way, the water looks great

20. Back To Top    #20

Yes, the stabilizer is fine. Good news!
    TFP Moderator

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast