Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Sta-rite Max-e-therm manifold removal/replacement question

1. Back To Top    #1

Sta-rite Max-e-therm manifold removal/replacement question

HI all, I have a Sta-rite 200 and need to replace the manifold bypass valve which requires removing the manifold and reinstalling. My question is will I need to replace the coil/tube sheet o-rings and manifold o-ring as well? Thanks so much in advance!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Sta-rite Max-e-therm manifold removal/replacement question

Never done the job personally, but my vote is yes. Replace any O-rings you disturb.

From my experience working on cars, I can say that O-rings will get stiff and take a set and won't reseal well when reused.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

+1 to what Richard said. It's best to always replace O-rings. If it's good for fuel or A/C applications, I think it applies to everything

But then again... I always like putting new stuff in
    Si -central Mo. 32' x 16' -- 3'4" to 6' deep Vinyl liner - 16,500 Gals : Triton II filter -Duraglass 2 hp pump - 1 speed : SI-30 salt generator
    TF-100 with speedstir

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

I always replace the o-rings and the thermo regulator as part of this type of job.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks everyone for the replies!