Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: TFP Poll Limitation

1. Back To Top    #1
    SW Indiana

TFP Poll Limitation

Was trying to setup a simple poll so users could select their state and what month they open their pool. I seen it was limited to 10 entries so I would have to do it by region but I could not find a way to have it do two comlums (location and month).

Is there a way this could be done by admins or some other trick? I think the data could be handy for others.
    21K Gal, IG, Vinyl, Bleach-Borax-Baking Soda, 3/4HP Hayward pump, Hayward sand filter, 200,000BTU Heater, TF100 Testkit
    "All that we are arises with our thoughts." - Buddha
    “When fate hands you a lemon, make lemonade.” - Dale Carnegie

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: TFP Poll Limitation

The poll feature is fairly simple. What you have already seen is all there is.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: TFP Poll Limitation

Instead of a poll why not ask them to post what state and what month. You will have to compile the data but that should not be too hard.

Also, I see a flaw with your poll. What state really does not matter for several states but what PART of the state. Take Florida for an example. In N. FL people without heaters don't use their pools in the winter months while those that do might, yet we really do not close pools here! (Same thing applies elsewhere. If you do not have a heater you really need to wait for the water to warm up enough while if the pool is heated the swim season is longer.) Those in S. Florida use their pools close to year 'round.