Lowering TA

Acid is needed to lower your TA. However, it'll also effect your pH.

This will take some time and patience due to the double-effect Muriatic Acid has on both your pH AND TA.

Lower your TA with acid and then aerate your pool to help raise the pH back up. In fact, I'd aerate NOW or set up to aerate somehow and work on raising your pH.

When the pH is nice and high (7.8 - 8.0 ish), you can hit it with acid.

Well, I guess the link is echoing what I'm telling you. LOL!

You may wish to 'work on' figuring out a good way to aerate your pool. I made myself a PVC 'rack' (2" PVC filled with sand) in which I wrapped a soaker hose around and then hooked my air compressor to the soaker hose to create some serious bubble action. If you can get a good aeration program down, you can make this go a bit faster but it will take a couple weeks.

What is the TA of your fill water? A water change could possibly help.

If your pH isn't rising and your CH isn't high, you could just leave the TA where it is. It's not required to lower the TA to the Recommended Levels range unless you have a potential scaling problem (i.e. pH and/or CH also run high) or your pH tends to rise and you have to add acid regularly to keep it down.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.