Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Greetings!

1. Back To Top    #1

Hi All,

I joined last week and got some great advice in very short order, which was much appreciated.

I have been a pool owner for a couple of years and have relied upon the knowledge of a friend who has a pool and his family has had a pool for was long as I have known. I have lurked and read several threads and now have finally joined the party.

My K-2006 test kit arrived earlier this week. After reading an enlightening and very intimidating manual I set forth to conduct my first test. It appeared daunting at first but once I completed it felt like a veil of misinformation had been lifted. The results were enlightening and very different than what I had received at the local store. Today is day one of testing and I feel that I am on the right track to a better pool.

I have a long way to go and much more to read in Pool School, but and progressing. The responses so far in the forum have been great and I look forward to being part of the community.

Here are my first set of results:
    - FC 1.4
    - CC 0.2
    - PH 7.4
    - Alk 120
    - Cal 250
    - CYA 75

Pool installed in 1996
    22,000 gallons, IG vinyl
    Filter: Hayward DE4820, Pump: Hayward Super Pump
    Just ordered a K-2006, Aquabot Turbo-T R2 Unit, Filled with town well water

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Greetings!

75 CYA is a bit high for CYA, but still manageable. You need to get some more FC in there quick. I'd target about 9 if I was in your place.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tallahassee, FL

Re: Greetings!

Look at you with those numbers! GREAT JOB!

So looking at those numbers what do YOU think you should do?

I will even give you a "cheat link" to use.

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Kim (can you tell I am a teacher?)

- - - Updated - - -

Richard!!!!!!! You beat me to it! I was going to give him a test and you cheated and gave him the answer!

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!