Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Fiberglass Pool, Jets in Benches?

1. Back To Top    #1

Fiberglass Pool, Jets in Benches?

I remember seeing a post or 2 on this forum showing people who had jets built into the benches on their fiberglass pools, but I'm having trouble searching to find them again.

Anyone have jets in the benches of their pools?
    Were they worth the added cost? What was the added cost?
    How are they generally run? 2nd pump?

One PB we've interviewed with referred to them as "poor man's spa". haha

Thanks,
    ac

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Fiberglass Pool, Jets in Benches?

Not sure if my scenario fits what you're looking for, but of my 6 return jets, 2 of them are above one of my benches. Same pressure as the other 4 jets. Nothing too powerful or what I would compare to the exhilarating effects of a true spa though. My quantity of jets came standard with my pool, all plumbed from the same 2-speed pump. Pics below in my sig.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Fiberglass Pool, Jets in Benches?

I found the thread that gave me in the inspiration!

Central Texas Fiberglass Pool Build

Of course, now I've visited a PB's personal pool install at his own house. He had jets in all of his benches and said they were a total waste of money/effort. He said they never worked quite like a "spa" and after the novelty wore off they just sit there unused.

ac