I recently purchase a new house with an in ground pool and have been lurking on the forums reading posts for a few weeks. I decided it was time to join and introduce myself.
A quick recap of my first few weeks with the pool: Ordered some supplies for the pool on the first few days at the new house ( the necessities; chlorine tabs, shock, and some weekly phosphate treatment). The pool had gone a few days without chlorine after they arrived. So shocked the pool and all looked good for a few days. Pool quickly became cloudy after 3-4 days and started turning green, growing algae on the sides. A good scrub and another shock took care of the issue and pool was all clear again.
Fast forward two weeks, same issue continues. I can't seem to keep the pool clear and free of algae for more than a few days after shocking. Pressure gauge on top of the filter reads 0-5psi no matter what valves I turn off or on, so I suspect a flow problem (also thanks to reading many posts on this forum).
I purchased a new Pentair Intelliflo pump to replace the very old Sta-Rite pump ( I also wanted to get some energy savings and the additional functionally of the Intelliflo, so was going to replace the pump even if that was not my problem).
Pump was installed this morning and the pressure gauge now reads 15-20 PSI when pump is on high. Pressure from the Jets in the pool is considerably better.
As of right now, the pool is still slightly green and cloudy, but waiting to see if my problem has been fixed with the new pump. I plan to shock the pool again tonight and also purchased some algae treatement that I added to the pool yesterday.
Glad to be a member of the forum, I look forward to learning from others and contributing.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk