Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replacing original weir door

1. Back To Top    #1

Bellflower, CA

Replacing original weir door

Hello, I am going to replace the original skimmer weir door with a spring-loaded generic model. Since I cannot find a door with the correct height I thought I'd fill the gap below the replacement door and the bottom of the skimmer housing with a piece of plastic wedged between the sides of the skimmer housing. My question is how do I determine the position of the bottom of the replacement door so that it functions properly. I cannot remember how the original door (that was bolted into the concrete at the bottom of the skimmer housing) looked both with the pump on and off. I hope I have made myself clear. thank you.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    'burbs of Augusta, Georgia

Re: Replacing original weir door

What are your dimensions? I Googled replacement weir doors and it seems as if there are varied sizes out there....?
    12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub. Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain
    CLICK HERE to Become a Supporter

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Replacing original weir door has all shapes and sizes, with pictures.

Pool Skimmer Weirs. Skimmer Weir Doors. Skimmer Weir.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach