Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help me spend my money, Kim, I'm calling on you!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Help me spend my money, Kim, I'm calling on you!!

Ok so I'm shopping for furniture!

What do we like?

And I found the chaises for $200 again!
    Free form pool 90'3" prim, 14180 gallons. TF100 Kit In pool table with travertine top, 3sheer descents, Depth 3.5-5-4, Jandy 2HP pump, Inline Chlorinator, Wetedge Satin Matrix Antigua.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Help me spend my money, Kim, I'm calling on you!!

I got on the forum this afternoon to wrestle with chemistry. I was ready to talk all about the SLAM, Correcting faulty testing procedures, telling newbies about CYA and arguing with the non-believers... in other words, loaded for bear........alas, I am faced with picking furniture colors.

I like #4 (sigh)
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Of what you are showing here I vote #1. The "wicker" look furniture just feels too heavy to me. I like mesh sling chairs and lounges, staying away from cushions you have to store over winter.

We have a full set of Tropitone stuff we purchased close to 10 years ago. We just had new slings installed and they look new again. One chair had a crack in the aluminum and Tropitone replaced it with no hassle. Tropitone
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

4. Back To Top    #4

I really like the look of #1, but I worry about fading when it comes to bright colors on outdoor furniture fabric. Unless it's very high quality fabric and UV resistant dye, the color won't hold up. So My vote would be #2 or #4. Although those both have glass top tables, which I don't like for outdoor. Like the table from #3 the best... AHHHHHH! I can't decide!
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

5. Back To Top    #5

LOVE this! I like 2 & 3 best
    ~Wendy
    33'X17' Sports Pool (3'6"-5'-4'6") 7' flush Spa, Blue Granite PT, Waterfalls, Weeping Wall, Baja Ledge and Doggie Beach Entry! Pentair Clean and Clear 420, IntelliFlo XF Pump, SuperFlo 1.5 HP Feature Pump, MasterTemp Heater, Pal-Treo LEDs, Dolphin M4, Liquid Chlorine & TF-100 - My Build Thread

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbaby View Post
    LOVE this! I like 2 & 3 best
    You loving your chaises still? What color did you get?
    Free form pool 90'3" prim, 14180 gallons. TF100 Kit In pool table with travertine top, 3sheer descents, Depth 3.5-5-4, Jandy 2HP pump, Inline Chlorinator, Wetedge Satin Matrix Antigua.

7. Back To Top    #7

I like #3, but looking at #2, WOW that is one big swimming pool !!
    Si -central Mo. 32' x 16' -- 3'4" to 6' deep Vinyl liner - 16,500 Gals : Triton II filter -Duraglass 2 hp pump - 1 speed : SI-30 salt generator
    TF-100 with speedstir

8. Back To Top    #8

KIM is here to spend your money! HEHE Just what I needed! I started back to school/work today so...........

I can tell you that #1 is not very comfy. The backs are too upright and short to cozy down into. We have some like it on our back porch and it is not for long term sitting. We will NEVER buy furniture without being able to sit on it again.

I really like the look of #3. It looks comfy and cozy. Like you could sit down into it and stay there.

#2&4 are pretty also.

You can and should over come the glass by replacing it with Plexiglas.

I am looking at the base furniture not the cushions so much as those are considered "consumable". You could also look at a deck box that doubles as sitting to put the cushions in when you are not out there. Just make sure they are dry before you put them up due to mold worries.

Awwwwwwwwwww feeling better now............I spend some of Amanda's money! LOL

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

9. Back To Top    #9

#1 if it's Aluminum. Will last 10 times longer then the others and you can always change out cushions.

Free form | 14k gal | 81 pf | 3.5' - 5' - 4' | Dolphin M500 | intelli FLO VS 3 hp | heat pump ultra temp hp 90 | quad 60 DE | ic40 swcg | Aqua blue mini pebble | 5g LED

10. Back To Top    #10

I like #1 but if Kim says they aren't comfy then I would scratch that one off. My second choice is 4. I think if you went with a Sunbrella fabric you should be good for fade resistance for any cushion you picked.
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by Marlahoutex View Post
    I like #1 but if Kim says they aren't comfy then I would scratch that one off. My second choice is 4. I think if you went with a Sunbrella fabric you should be good for fade resistance for any cushion you picked.
    +1 for Sunbrella, and treat it with Sunbrella's recommended protectant, 303 Fabric Guard.
    15,000 gallon 16x30 IG w/vinyl liner built in 2006, Hayward cartridge filter, Hayward 1HP Single Speed pump, Taylor K2006.

12. Back To Top    #12

Ok after looking at measurements I ordered #2. It's also sunbrella so it'll be good. Can't wait for it to all come in!!!

Eeeek!!

13. Back To Top    #13

I vote go to Costco and pick up whatever they have in stock.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

14. Back To Top    #14

Depends on what you want and how much is available to spend. We bought all our outside furniture from Frontgate

15. Back To Top    #15

In the Industry

Costco? It's Goodwill for me!

16. Back To Top    #16

Measurements?? Why did you do that? LOL Good idea!

Sunbrella should be able to withstand a lot of weather!

Good pick!

I would look into replacing the glass for just in case.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

17. Back To Top    #17

TFP Guide

From the four, I think you made a good choice! It won't matter what you like if it doesn't fit. I'm glad you checked the measurements!

Will these go in the outdoor kitchen area?

You're going to have such a fabulous retreat!
    Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

18. Back To Top    #18

Chair King if you want quality, Front Page if your wallet is as thick as an oil well.

John
    AquaMaster Deluxe 8000 AGP, 5500 gallons, 12x18. Liquidator and Pool Rover JR.
    1st Pool so go easy on me I'm using a TF 100.

19. Back To Top    #19

Quote Originally Posted by jtburf View Post
    Chair King if you want quality, Front Page if your wallet is as thick as an oil well.

John
    My oil well is dry from the soon to be swimming hole in my yard.

20. Back To Top    #20

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh View Post
    I got on the forum this afternoon to wrestle with chemistry. I was ready to talk all about the SLAM, Correcting faulty testing procedures, telling newbies about CYA and arguing with the non-believers... in other words, loaded for bear........alas, I am faced with picking furniture colors.

I like #4 (sigh)
    This gave me the biggest smile of my day. Thanks, Dave!
    28,000 gallon freeform, Stonescapes Tropics Blue Minipebble with abalone, 3.5' to 8.5' depth. 2 skimmers, 5 returns, dedicated vacuum port, Dolphin Z5 robot. All Pentair equip: EasyTouch 8, IC60 SWG, VS pump, 520 Cartridge Filter, 3 Intellibrites, 2 Color Cascade Bubblers. TurboTwister Slide and 8' Salt System Jump Board. TF-100. My Jan-Mar 2016 build:
    Waxahachie, TX Owner Build - A race to beat the baby!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast