Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 0 FC, 0 TC, but otherwise ideal?

1. Back To Top    #1

Question 0 FC, 0 TC, but otherwise ideal?

So I realized 2 days ago that our outdoor plugs had tripped from a lightening strike on Tuesday.
    I got the SWG & sand filter working, added more salt cause it was a bit on the low end.
    Cycled the filter for over 24 hrs and tested.
    All readings are in ideal range except the FC, TC are both 0.
    should I add bleach to get back in range? I'm a bit confused since it's a SWG pool...
    Intex SWG, Intex 16'x48" Ultraframe Vinyl Pool, Intex Sand Filter, pool roughly 5,081 gal @ 80% capacity

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 0 FC, 0 TC, but otherwise ideal?

Yes please add bleach until your SWG can maintain the level. Use PoolMath to get the correct amount of bleach to add.
    5900 G Fiberglass IG pool (circa 1990), SWG Hayward Aqua Rite GoldLine (2013), IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump (2013), Hayward Pro Sand Filter (circa 1990), Well water (no iron or other metals fortunately), test with Taylor K2006C, Charleston, SC

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

What are you using to test the water? Some kits bleach out and will show 0 when it's actually 10+
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by pabeader View Post
    What are you using to test the water? Some kits bleach out and will show 0 when it's actually 10+
    I'm using the TF-100 for testing.
    Intex SWG, Intex 16'x48" Ultraframe Vinyl Pool, Intex Sand Filter, pool roughly 5,081 gal @ 80% capacity

5. Back To Top    #5

You can *always* use plain household bleach to increase your FC level. I use it in conjunction with my SWG when I want an instant rise in FC...for example before or after a big party or when my grandson pooped in the pool.

I like to consider it my behind the scenes safety net, its always keeping my water at a safe baseline but knowing that SWGs have a certain lifespan (x amount of hours) I limit the wear and tear on mine when possible.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

This is a classic example of SWG use. They are fantastic for MAINTAINING FC in your pool but sometimes not so good at a sudden increase. Simply get to your desired level with bleach and then dian in your SWG to maintain it.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School