Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aquabot Power Supply Issue

1. Back To Top    #1

White Lake, MI

Aquabot Power Supply Issue

Hello everyone,

I have been a pool owner for three days and I am already messing stuff up, and am hoping somebody could help me out.

I turned on my Aquabot Turbo this morning and after an hour, I noticed that the bot had stopped moving - he had the power supply chord tangled in his scrubber. I checked the chord and everything was fine, however the light on the power supply will not turn on. I checked the fuse and that was fine, and I also noticed that the "continuous run" like is on. Is there any way to fix this and get my bot running?

Thank you!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Aquabot Power Supply Issue

Welcome to the forum!

I'm sorry I can't be of much help,mbutnimmhopingnambump to your thread will get it seen by someone who may have dealt with this.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr

3. Back To Top    #3
    SW Louisiana

I think there is something about this in the owners manual that is on the aquabot web page, you may want to download a PDF of it (I know it is better than the manual that came in the box for my aquabot turbo T) I just can't recall exactly what it says about the light being on.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

4. Back To Top    #4
    Oakton, VA

Sounds like the drive motor may have burned out - I had similar issue couple of years ago, when it happened to me, and I was convinced that it was the power supply. Ended up being the motor. Based on what you are describing - the cable being stuck in the brushes, it does seem more likely than not that it is what happened to you. There is a website, Aquabot Troubleshooting that will walk you through how to check the motor vs the power supply.
    free form 40k gal, IG, plaster, Triton II 100C sand filter, Lite 2 heater
    1 1/2 HP Pentair Ultra Flow High Performance pump
    Caretaker in-floor cleaning system