Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Vinyl kit companies

1. Back To Top    #1

Coppell, TX

Vinyl kit companies

I could use some feedback about online vinyl kit companies. I'm not asking for endorsements as that might violate the forum rules or spirit. I'm more interested in personal experiences and quality of the products delivered.

Right now we're working on getting quotes from Pool Warehouse and Royal Swimming Pools. I'm a little disappointed with the lack on communications from both, but I can tolerate it so far. We're working on a custom build so it's not just a here's the shape and pick the options deal. I would like more in they way of status updates without having to call and track down my request. A simple email to tell me that they received my request would seem reasonable to me.

Under construction - Inground Vinyl Lagoon 18x36x28; 3ft-8ft depth; 107' perimeter; 24K gal; waterfall; Pebble bond finish perimeter decking

2. Back To Top    #2
    Waxahachie, TX (south of Dallas)

Re: Vinyl kit companies

We've decided not to go the vinyl liner route, but I was very impressed with William at Royal Swimming Pools. I spoke with him multiple times and he was working with us to create a more custom depth to the L shaped pool we had been considering. He was always very responsive and helpful. That was last season though.

I hope that helps.
    28,000 gallon freeform, Stonescapes Tropics Blue Minipebble with abalone, 3.5' to 8.5' depth. 2 skimmers, 5 returns, dedicated vacuum port, Dolphin Z5 robot. All Pentair equip: EasyTouch 8, IC60 SWG, VS pump, 520 Cartridge Filter, 3 Intellibrites, 2 Color Cascade Bubblers. TurboTwister Slide and 8' Salt System Jump Board. TF-100. My Jan-Mar 2016 build:
    Waxahachie, TX Owner Build - A race to beat the baby!!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Pacific NW

Re: Vinyl kit companies

I'm getting a new liner in the next 3 weeks.
    <---see avatar for current condition.

I'm going with plastimayd liner. They've been making liners since the 1960's and just happen to be conveniently
    located nearby.
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Jandy Lite2 LJ250N gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.