Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Almost there just need a little more info

1. Back To Top    #1

Almost there just need a little more info

I posted yesterday about green pool. I started yesterday slamming it. Last night vacuumed all algae out this time took spare filter sprayed with straight liquid chlorine didn't know if filter was keeping algae inside pleats. So PH is 7.3, TA is 90, CYA is 60 and of course chlorine is way up for the slam, I used the poolcalculator for that. I think where I screwed up was I was keeping chlorine about 2-3 ppm. So if i'm reading chart right since my CYA is 60 does that mean I need to keep FC at 7? That just seems high. Also using Taylor K-2006 when you check chlorine using the powder and counting drops for FC you do that everyday? If so I would think i'm going to run of the powder and drops. Once I get this back where is should be do I need to do away with 3" tablets and just you poolcalculator and add liquid Chlorine?

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: Almost there just need a little more info

You asked a lot of questions sort of run together. I'll answer the one I understand. Yes, if the FC/CYA chart says 7 ppm, that's what you should use. The chart has been developed over a number of years to reflect the effect of CYA on FC and it is the real works. Following that chart will keep you from having algae again.

Add your state to your sig so we can tell the climate you live in. Independence is not much help.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Almost there just need a little more info

Hey, terry, your thread - with identical content - from earlier today has been merged with your earlier green pool thread - in case you couldn't find it - please post there and keep your info in one place. It makes it more efficient for people to answer your questions if everything is in one thread.
    18' x 48" ring top pool (Summer Escapes); 5500 gallons; set up June - October, stored during winter; Intex 2500 gph pump (B size cartridge filter) Hayward 21" sand filter + 1.5 hp single speed Powerflo Matrix pump (upgrade October 2016) *** K-2006 test kit, refills from tftestkits