New pool in Houston, TX...design thoughts?

Jul 29, 2015
Katy, TX
Greetings all. I am new to this site as my wife and I are working on designs for our new pool and backyard. We have a smaller than average backyard so we are trying to maximize space and add a pool, spa, lots of decking area and a covered patio. A few companies gave us designs that were fairly standard and kinda boring, then we talked to a builder that is known for awesome designs. His design blew us away, but separated the pool and spa, which I hadn't seen before. The spa has a catch basin for overflow and he says the water will move back and forth between pool and spa via underground pipes. Seems reasonable, but I wondering if anyone more knowledgeable than me can shed some light on any problems with this. Thoughts?

Hopefully these pics capture it all
Davis, Mark_001.jpg
010.jpg

There's a lot to like in that design. I've often wondered about spas being separate but connected. I wouldn't see a problem so long as the mechanicals are handled properly - but my expert rating on that topic is 0.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.