Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New pool in Houston, thoughts?

1. Back To Top    #1

Katy, TX

New pool in Houston, thoughts?

Greetings all. I am new to this site as my wife and I are working on designs for our new pool and backyard. We have a smaller than average backyard so we are trying to maximize space and add a pool, spa, lots of decking area and a covered patio. A few companies gave us designs that were fairly standard and kinda boring, then we talked to a builder that is known for awesome designs. His design blew us away, but separated the pool and spa, which I hadn't seen before. The spa has a catch basin for overflow and he says the water will move back and forth between pool and spa via underground pipes. Seems reasonable, but I wondering if anyone more knowledgeable than me can shed some light on any problems with this. Thoughts?

Hopefully these pics capture it all
    Davis, Mark_001.jpg
    Pool is being designed and bid out

2. Back To Top    #2
    Conroe, TX

Re: New pool in Houston, thoughts?

OMG I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    33'X17' Sports Pool (3'6"-5'-4'6") 7' flush Spa, Blue Granite PT, Waterfalls, Weeping Wall, Baja Ledge and Doggie Beach Entry! Pentair Clean and Clear 420, IntelliFlo XF Pump, SuperFlo 1.5 HP Feature Pump, MasterTemp Heater, Pal-Treo LEDs, Dolphin M4, Liquid Chlorine & TF-100 - My Build Thread

3. Back To Top    #3

Santa Cruz, CA

That is an awesome design.
    2015 Build Link: 15'x30' Rectangle (3'-6", 5', 4' depth) ~14K gal In Ground Gunite Pool Finish: Wet Edge Primera Stone. TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin DX5+S Robot Jandy CL460 Filter, VS 2HP pump, Jandy AquaPure 1400 SWG, iAqualink2, Automatic Cover Future Solar Heat: Gull Industries Coils - 6 Coils (or none - our pool is staying 85 on foggy days!)

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide
    Central MD

There's a lot to like in that design. I've often wondered about spas being separate but connected. I wouldn't see a problem so long as the mechanicals are handled properly - but my expert rating on that topic is 0.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. Saltwater w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, salt cell, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Groundbreaking: 2/14/13 | Plaster: 5/21/2013 | First Swim: 5/30/2013