Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Member Intro

1. Back To Top    #1

New Member Intro

Hello TFP.

I've been reading posts from the forum as a research source for a long time. There is a wealth of knowledge and experience here that I'd like to tap into for my new pool build.

We've had a 16x32 oval Doughboy above/below ground pool for over 17 years. We're doing a renovation of our yard and decided to build an inground vinyl to fit our tropical island logon theme backyard. We originally created a custom design but the price quoted to do a kit for it was too high so we're building a standard 18x36x28 Lagoon.

We considered both gunite and vinyl for the pool and decided to go with vinyl. We like the feel of vinyl over gunite and personally I find vinyl allot easier to maintain.

Here's a pic of the pool and yard in it's current condition (updated 9/21/15). See Inground Vinyl DFW Texas for our construction thread.

beforedig.JPG
    Last edited by RoadTrip; 09-21-2015 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Changed pic
    Under construction - Inground Vinyl Lagoon 18x36x28; 3ft-8ft depth; 107' perimeter; 24K gal; waterfall; Pebble bond finish perimeter decking

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Member Intro

Nice to have you with us, and thanks for sharing. Looking forward to more pics later. Good luck!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!