CYA question

Hey everyone,
I've been a big fan of this site ever since we got our first AG pool. With our IG we have now, I have a question about my CYA level. I have it at 50 now and am wondering if that will be enough to protect my FC. My pool has no shade whatsoever and gets full sun for a majority of the day. I live in the high desert and temps have been over 100 for the last week with the same coming for the near future. Should I be shooting for maybe 60 with my CYA? My FC is sitting at 7 right now (everything tested with TF-100 kit). Should I wait and test it again later to see what my loss is? Thanks for the help that I know is coming with this.

You have a Nature2 Fusion, which you are using for a SWCG right? If so, I would certainly bump your CYA to 60 or 70 and check the SWG of the CYA/Chlorine chart for what you should aim to maintain your FC at daily. It would be a good idea to test your daily (sunshine) chlorine loss now so that you can compare after you raise your CYA.

Yes, I have a Nature2 Fusion, but I removed the cartridge from it. It's not attached to an SWG, though. It's a chlorine generator that uses pucks. I don't use any of them. They're just there for looks ;-). I use good old fashioned bleach/liquid chlorine for this puppy!

My PB includes the Nature2 Fusion as part of his install. I guess this is OK as I might use the puck side when we're away.

Can you just remove and toss the cartridge? Does it seal back OK?

Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.