Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My wife is not very happy with TFP

1. Back To Top    #1

TFP Guide

My wife is not very happy with TFP

Yesterday she says to me, "You talk to those people, more than you talk to me." I was like "Yeah, and???"

Apparently that wasn't the right thing to say...
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: My wife is not very happy with TFP

Oh man... wrong answer. She likes the pool right? Tell her talking to us all the time is what keeps it looking great!
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

We are still arguing over the water/pool body color. I think the water should be clear and the tan stained pool body is fine. She thinks blue water and white pool body is better. Right now I've got to so there is a little of both, but the water looks green depending on the angle of observation.
    Ain't love grand!
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by pabeader View Post
    Yesterday she says to me, "You talk to those people, more than you talk to me." I was like "Yeah, and???"

Too funny
    16x32 IG rectangular 21,800k new vinyl liner 2014, Triton II TR 50 sand Filter, Pentair 3/4 hsp whisperflow pump, 3 returns, TF100 test kit w/speedstir. Maytronics s 300i robot.

5. Back To Top    #5

if she would just get an account here, then you could do both at the same time.
    10,500 gal IG, Topaz Pebble, auto-level
    Hayward DE filter, 2HP Ecostar VSP, ProLogic PS-4, GVA actuators
    Cal Pools Wave Force Plus (wall return jets plus 2 floor pop-ups), Venturi Skimmer
    Water sheer, 2 wok pots, bubbler stem on the baja step
    ColorLogic Mutlicolor LED lamp. Taylor 2006+speed stir

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by pabeader View Post

TFP is innocent, but perhaps we should issue an apology for having such interesting forums?
    I'm thinking flowers....
    Central TX / 12K GAL / IG / SWG / DE filter / Pentair SVRS & 3 swim jet pumps / Spa bench and jets / Single body of water / No heater.

7. Back To Top    #7

I can not count the number of times I have been reprimanded for being on my phone on the forum

Of course she also tells everyone we know that has a pool that they can ask me if they have problems
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

8. Back To Top    #8

I get reprimanded for how many times I test the pool. Usually with an exasperated...'again?' comment.
    Central TX / 12K GAL / IG / SWG / DE filter / Pentair SVRS & 3 swim jet pumps / Spa bench and jets / Single body of water / No heater.

9. Back To Top    #9

Hahaha! It's the GREEN MONSTER!!!

You, fixing green pools, her, green with jealousy over your time away from her. Loves!

10. Back To Top    #10

Pools we can fix. Marriage help we can't offer. I do know that was the wrong answer however.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

11. Back To Top    #11

A happy wife is a happy life! I'd definitely go with the wife.

Randy
    2007 Pool - 10K Gals, Pebbletec, Roll Beamed & Cool Decked, Water Feature, Caretaker 99 5 port 1.5 w/Polaris Bayonet Cleaning Heads Style 3-9-500, Jandy SHPF 1.5HP 230V Pump, Jandy AE2500T-R 115K BTU/HR Heat Pump/Chiller, Jandy 4-filter CL460 Canister, UltraPure UPP/SPP15 Ozone Generator.

12. Back To Top    #12

TFP Guide

LOL @ PA. It sounds like it could be time to plan a special date night with the wife, and perhaps a moonlight swim in the clear pool. Being a wife myself, the saying of "If the wife ain't happy, ain't nobody happy," can ring very true. So in the mist of helping others clear their pools, don't forget to keep your wife happy in the process. We all know you can achieve both goals at the same time. .
    24' Round x 4.5 ft deep AGP (15,200 Gallons), Vinyl Liner, Hayward Vari Flo XL Sand Filter- (model SP0714T1),
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, SLAM & the Chlorine/CYA CHART. Support this Site! TFP Totally Rocks.

13. Back To Top    #13

Rookie mistake.
    A gift is definitely in order.
    Maybe a deck chair, a float or an extra magnetic stirrer bead.
    40k gal freeform, IG pebblesheen, 9'x'6' raised spa, 2-1/2 hp Whisperflo, 520 sq/ft cartridge, Legend w/ booster, Intellibrite 5g in pool @ spa, Rainbow 320 Chlorinator(retired),
    Mastertemp 400k BTU, 3x3 hp Whisperflo Swimjets, 2x2 hp Whisperflow for 15ton moss rock waterfall, Intelitouch Controller, 850 sq/ft Travertine deck, Gas/Wood firepit,
    Autofill, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir

14. Back To Top    #14

TFP Guide

But, but but... You all LIKE me. I'm not so sure about her... I did get a card for my birthday today, so I guess that's something...

15. Back To Top    #15

TFP Guide

Well see there, she might like you A little still, so don't mess up a good thing. Oh and Happy Birthday
    24' Round x 4.5 ft deep AGP (15,200 Gallons), Vinyl Liner, Hayward Vari Flo XL Sand Filter- (model SP0714T1),
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, SLAM & the Chlorine/CYA CHART. Support this Site! TFP Totally Rocks.

16. Back To Top    #16

happy birthday PA!
    Free form 17X30. 14,500 Gal. Pentair sand filter and 1.5 hp pump. Aqua-Rite SWCG. TF-100 Test Kit w/Speed Stir

17. Back To Top    #17

Happy Birthday Pabeader!
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

18. Back To Top    #18

Sounds like her Alkalinity is a little high. I bet something sparkly would lower it.
    15x30 IGP; 20,000 gallons; plaster
    Hayward SP2607X10 Pump; Purex Triton Tagelus Sand Filter
    Hayward Goldline T-Cell 15 SWG; Aquarite G1 Control
    Southwest Spas 400 gallon hot tub w/ozone
    TF 100 with speed stir

19. Back To Top    #19

All I have to say is I didn't do it n WRONG ANSWER! Good luck fixing that one! Lol
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

20. Back To Top    #20

And Pabeader, just in case you didn't think of this one... Don't show the wife Casey's avatar...!!!

I can hear it now, "SHE'S one of the "people" you talk to on TFP?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast