Houston Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Previous pool owner who use to have chemical only service. I bought a new house last year and we completed a pool installation with a water fill completed August 1, 2015. Since that time I've been using the TFP method testing daily at 5pm and making daily adjustments. Mostly with adding 96 ounces of 8.25% bleach, brushing and acid (about 12 ounces every other day). I'm maintaining my numbers at:

FC: 6ppm
CC: 0ppm
pH: 7.6
TA: 90
CYA: 50

Here is my question. If you zoom in on the picture you can see random white specs or dots thorough out the PebbleTec. Brushing does nothing. The PebbleTec is french grey if that matters. Does this look normal or do I need to follow up with my PB? If it is an issue then it will be easier to get the PB out sooner rather than later.

TFP2.jpg

I can't really see what you're talking about. Anyway to get a closer up picture and circle the areas that look problematic? Sorry, but the picture looks fine to me.

My Pebbletec is sand speckled, blue as it goes under the water. I have random white dots, I have always thought they were where individual "pebbles" chipped off revealing what I believe is a plaster base of Pebbletec

Can you send another picture? The reflection of the trees is distorting the view of the plaster. I had a pool installed this Spring with a pebble sheen finish and also have large white spots and even patches that have appeared. I brought this to the attention of PB, who contacted Modern Method Gunite (the co that did the plaster). MMG sent a couple of guys out to take pictures to "show their manager." I haven't heard back, but plan to follow up with my PB this week. I'm curious as to what the experts on this forum will say about your situation, since I am experiencing a very similar issue!

- - - Updated - - -

I just noticed that you are also in Kingwood!

I have come to realize that following the TFP chemical regime has made my pool so clear that I can see every spec in the deep end. The spots are normal. I can even see how they smoothed the plaster the pool is so clear. Read, learn and follow the advice

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.