Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: White spots in PebbleTec

1. Back To Top    #1

White spots in PebbleTec

Previous pool owner who use to have chemical only service. I bought a new house last year and we completed a pool installation with a water fill completed August 1, 2015. Since that time I've been using the TFP method testing daily at 5pm and making daily adjustments. Mostly with adding 96 ounces of 8.25% bleach, brushing and acid (about 12 ounces every other day). I'm maintaining my numbers at:

FC: 6ppm
    CC: 0ppm
    pH: 7.6
    TA: 90
    CYA: 50

Here is my question. If you zoom in on the picture you can see random white specs or dots thorough out the PebbleTec. Brushing does nothing. The PebbleTec is french grey if that matters. Does this look normal or do I need to follow up with my PB? If it is an issue then it will be easier to get the PB out sooner rather than later.

TFP2.jpg
    40x15 IG, 19,000 gallons, Taylor K-2006C, Intellichlor IC40, Pentiar 1.5 hp Intelliflo VS, Pentair 420 Clean/Clear Filter, Speedstir, Stonescape - french grey, Travertine Paver decking, Completed August 1, 2015.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: White spots in PebbleTec

Whats your CH?
    IG Tear Drop, Dark Gray Gunite , 27,000 gallons -Age 50+-years, very old Hayward Split Egg Sand Filter with side mount Multi-port- Hayward SP2600VSP Pump- Hayward chlorine feed (not used since finding TFP) - Laars 315K BTU Oil heater- LoopLoc Safety cover- AquaBot RAPIDS 4WD- TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir- 390 Gal Hot Springs Spa Envoy installed May 2017

3. Back To Top    #3

CH is 200 ppm
    40x15 IG, 19,000 gallons, Taylor K-2006C, Intellichlor IC40, Pentiar 1.5 hp Intelliflo VS, Pentair 420 Clean/Clear Filter, Speedstir, Stonescape - french grey, Travertine Paver decking, Completed August 1, 2015.

4. Back To Top    #4

I can't really see what you're talking about. Anyway to get a closer up picture and circle the areas that look problematic? Sorry, but the picture looks fine to me.
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

5. Back To Top    #5

My Pebbletec is sand speckled, blue as it goes under the water. I have random white dots, I have always thought they were where individual "pebbles" chipped off revealing what I believe is a plaster base of Pebbletec
    10000 Gal, IG Pebbletec, pop up cleaners,Hayward EcoStar VS, 425 sq ft Hayward Cartridge, waterfall feature

6. Back To Top    #6

Can you send another picture? The reflection of the trees is distorting the view of the plaster. I had a pool installed this Spring with a pebble sheen finish and also have large white spots and even patches that have appeared. I brought this to the attention of PB, who contacted Modern Method Gunite (the co that did the plaster). MMG sent a couple of guys out to take pictures to "show their manager." I haven't heard back, but plan to follow up with my PB this week. I'm curious as to what the experts on this forum will say about your situation, since I am experiencing a very similar issue!

- - - Updated - - -

I just noticed that you are also in Kingwood!
    19k gallon, in ground pool w/ raised spa, gunite, pebble sheen, Hayward Ecostar VSP, Hayward swim clear cartridge filter, Pentair rainbow chlorine feeder, Polaris vacuum w/ booster pump, Hayward gas heater, travertine coping, stamped concrete decking, sheer descents water features w/ Hayward Tristar pump, groundbreaking: March 2015, initial water fill: May 2015

7. Back To Top    #7

I have come to realize that following the TFP chemical regime has made my pool so clear that I can see every spec in the deep end. The spots are normal. I can even see how they smoothed the plaster the pool is so clear. Read, learn and follow the advice